Herb-Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots
Herb-Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots – Lightly caramelized around the edges, crisp-tender in the center, and seasoned with rosemary, thyme, and parsley!! A trusty side that you’ll make again and again for holidays or easy weeknight dinners!!
A Holiday Favorite Side Dish
It wouldn’t be a holiday celebration without carrots on the holiday table.
Whether it’s Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas my family always serves carrots.
But you don’t have to wait for a holiday to make these ridiculously easy, crisp-tender carrots that are lightly caramelized and flavored with rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
They’re a great weeknight side dish and a nice way to get some vegetables into kids (or adults) who are picky when it comes to vegetables because most everyone likes carrots.
Since carrots have plenty of natural sugar, when you roast them at high heat they caramelize beautifully around the edges.
I like mine pretty dark but not everyone does so roast until you’ve hit your perfect amount of char.
What Kind Of Carrots To Use
I used tri-colored carrots but you can use traditional orange.
I don’t think the purple or white carrots taste much differently than orange ones, but I think they look pretty and that always counts.
Herb-Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots
Whether it’s Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas my family always serves carrots but you don’t have to wait for a holiday to make these ridiculously easy, crisp-tender carrots that are lightly caramelized and flavored with rosemary, thyme, and parsley. They’re a great weeknight side dish. Since carrots have plenty of natural sugar, when you roast them at high heat they caramelize beautifully around the edges. I used tri-colored carrots but you can use traditional orange.
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (I used tri-colored carrots but you can use all orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- Add the carrots to the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with olive oil, and evenly sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands to evenly coat. Arrange the carrots in a flat layer with space between the pieces if possible and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until carrots are lightly caramelized around the edges and fork-tender. Baking times will vary based on the size of carrots and personal preference for doneness. Stir and flip halfway through baking to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle with parsley, evenly drizzle with optional lemon juice (brights up the dish), and serve immediately. Carrots are best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Lemon Rosemary Coconut Oil Roasted Vegetables – Trying to eat more vegetables? Try them roasted with coconut oil for a healthy, fast, and easy dish!
Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey-Cinnamon Dip – The honey glaze and the creamy cinnamon dip make these potatoes irresistible!!
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Think you don’t like brussels sprouts? The balsamic glaze on these will change your mind! BEST brussels sprouts ever! Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy!
Parmesan and Herb Roasted Potatoes – Easiest potatoes ever and packed with so much flavor! Olive oil, herbs, and everything is better with CHEESE! A family favorite that everyone loves!
Cheesy Loaded Scalloped Potatoes – Baked with sour cream, green onions and topped with cheese! Easy comfort food that everyone loves! It’ll be your new favorite recipe for scalloped potatoes!
Skinny Carrot Potato Soup with Honey Cream – Healthy, hearty, fast, and easy! Packed with flavor and you’ll never miss the fat and calories!