Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Honey Lemon Chicken Pasta is ready in 20 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal! Pair with a simple salad or veggies and extra lemon wedges to amp up the lemon flavor. Your family will love this easy pasta recipe!
Easy Honey Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipe
Lemon and honey are so good together. This angel hair pasta with chicken is bright, tangy and sweet, and feels perfect for warmer weather. It’s a fast, easy pasta recipe that the whole family will love. Bonus: it’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
I used angel hair pasta because it cooks so quickly, and because the chicken is cut into bite-sized pieces it also cooks fast. After cooking the pasta, it’s transferred into the skillet the chicken cooks in, and everything is tossed together in the honey lemon sauce the chicken simmers in.
The sauce helps keep the chicken perfectly moist and tender. It’s tart yet sweet enough and coats the pasta perfectly. I love the pronounced lemon flavor that’s achieved from a combination of lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.
If you’re a lemon lover or a fan of easy dinners that taste like a million bucks but that are really so simple, you’ll love this angel hair pasta recipe for those busy nights!
Honey Lemon Chicken Pasta Ingredients
For this angel hair pasta with chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- Angel hair pasta
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to Make Lemon Chicken Pasta
To make this easy pasta recipe, first cook the angel hair pasta according to package instructions.
While the pasta cooks, prep the honey lemon chicken. Add the honey, lemon juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, and thyme to a large bowl and stir to combine.
Then, season chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and cook in an oiled skillet until it’s almost fully cooked. Turn the heat down and carefully add the sauce to the skillet. Allow the lemon sauce sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until it’s thickened and reduced some.
Once the chicken is cooked through, add the pasta to the skillet and toss to combine. You can garnish the lemon chicken pasta with Parmesan, fresh herbs, or a squeeze of lemon juice!
Tips for the Best Lemon Chicken Pasta
I used angel hair pasta in this recipe because it cooks quickly, but you’re welcome to use any pasta you have on hand. I like longer, skinnier pastas for this recipe since the sauce coats them nicely, but shorter pastas (like bow tie) would be fine too.
For the best flavor, I recommend using freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of the bottled stuff. I know it seems like such a small thing, but fresh lemon juice is so much brighter and has lots more flavor in my opinion!
Your lemon pepper seasoning blend shouldn’t have salt in it, but if it does be sure to taste the sauce before adding any additional salt to it. You might not need to add any salt to this dish, it’s totally up to you.
Finally, make sure to flip the chicken a few times while it cooks to ensure it cooks through evenly. You don’t want one side of the chicken to be more browned than another side.
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta — Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic!! A family-friendly dinner recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and it’s so EASY!!
- Easy 15-Minute Spaghetti — This Easy Spaghetti Recipe is ready in just 15 minutes and is a hearty, comforting meal during cooler months. Pair with a side salad or steamed veggies for a full meal and enjoy!
- Italian Chicken Pasta Salad — This Italian Chicken Pasta Salad is easy, ready in 20 minutes, and showcases some of my favorite summer ingredients.
- BLT Pasta Salad — Creamy ranch dressing perfectly coats the pasta and BACON. Guaranteed family FAVORITE!
- One-Pot Beef and Bow Tie Soup — EASY, hearty, comfort food that’s full of flavor!! A FAST and tasty soup the whole family will LOVE! It will keep your warm on chilly winter nights!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend for sauce + more for sprinkling over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme, optional and to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Make the Pasta
- Cook according to directions on box, drain, and set aside.
Make the Chicken
- To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, optional thyme, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken, generously sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium-low, and carefully add the sauce noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
- Allow sauce to bubble at a low boil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and reduced some, and chicken is cooked through. Stir sauce and flip chicken intermittently throughout.
Assemble the Pasta
- Add pasta to skillet with the chicken and toss to combine and coat. Serve immediately.
- Chicken and pasta are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1258mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 13g
Even More Italian Recipes:
Three Cheese Pizza — Homemade pizza is the BEST!! And where there are 3 cheeses involved, even better!! Fast, easy, and better than calling for pizza delivery!!
Easy Chicken Manicotti — This is such a simple dish and with so few ingredients that comes out tasting like a million bucks. The chicken is soft, moist, and tender and there’s ample sauce to coat everything and to add flavor!
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables — This sheet pan recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and cleanup is as easy as tossing a piece of foil.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.