Three Cheese Pizza — Homemade pizza is the BEST! And when there are 3 cheeses involved, even better! Fast, easy, and better than calling for pizza delivery.
Homemade Three Cheese Pizza Recipe
I love homemade pizza, but I will admit that I don’t always make the time for it. That is, until I received everything I needed to make this pizza with three wonderful, gooey cheeses from Blue Apron. So cheesy and fabulous and the crust is soft and tender.
Along with the cheese pizza, there was a lovely butter lettuce salad, since rounding out three cheeses with salad is always a good idea. Blue Apron allows you to create delicious, chef-designed recipes at home. The first 100 readers will get $50 off their first two weeks of Blue Apron.
If you’ve never tried Blue Apron, they are a meal delivery service that delivers all the farm-fresh ingredients you need, right to your doorstep in a refrigerated box, in exactly the right proportions to make the meals of your choice.
You’re still doing the cooking, but in a mindless way, so to speak. There are no trips to the grocery store and there’s no waste from unused ingredients because they send y0u only what you need, and not more.
How many times, for example, do you buy a bunch of herbs, only use a tablespoon, and the rest goes to waste? Not with Blue Apron because you receive just what you need!
Blue Apron offers two types of plans — the 2-Person Plan and the Family Plan — with 8 recipes to choose from each week. You can choose any combination of recipes you like, and they are always adding new dishes that you can select. The step-by-step recipes are included on sturdy card stock so you don’t have to worry about printing anything out or trying to cook from your phone screen.
In addition to the ingredients for this Three Cheese Pizza, I also received the ingredients for an easy Mediterranean Seared Salmon recipe and a Popcorn Chicken dish that’s bursting with Asian-inspired flavors. Everything from Blue Apron is ready in less than 40 minutes and is 500-800 calories per person.
Best of all, there’s no commitment – you can skip or cancel the service at anytime. Prices start as low as $8.99 per serving!
Three Cheese Pizza Ingredients
For this easy cheese pizza recipe, you’ll need:
- Pizza dough
- Crushed tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fontina cheese
- Grana Padano cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Quark cheese
What’s the Best Cheese for Pizza?
When choosing cheeses for your homemade pizza, you want to look for ones that have a lower moisture content and that melt nicely. This cheese pizza recipe uses quark, Grana Padano, and fresh mozzarella. Grana Padano is a harder cheese than mozzarella, but because it’s grated before being added to the pizza it melts well.
How to Make Homemade Pizza
Before you can assemble the homemade cheese pizza, you need to first make the pizza sauce. To do so, sauté the chopped garlic in a little olive oil in a skillet. Cook until slightly softened, then add in the crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cook the simple pizza sauce until slightly thickened, then turn off the heat and add the Quark Cheese.
Once the sauce has been made, roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface (stretch it gently with your hands if you don’t have a rolling pin). Then, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges, spread enough of the pizza sauce onto the dough to coat. Evenly top with the grated fontina cheese, torn mozzarella cheese, and half the grated Grana Padano cheese.
Bake the pizza until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Wait a few minutes to cut into the pizza (this will give the cheese time to set slightly and makes it easier to slice). Garnish the pizza with the remaining grated Grana Padano cheese and serve with a side salad — I’ve popped the salad recipe in the recipe card below!
How to Reheat Pizza
If you have leftover cheese pizza, I recommend reheating it in the oven at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble up again. You can also reheat pizza in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Just keep an eye on the slice, as the crust can easily burn in a hot skillet.
Whatever you do, don’t reheat pizza in the microwave! I know some sites say to reheat pizza in the microwave with a glass of water to generate steam, but I think using the oven or a skillet is your best bet.
How to Freeze Pizza
To freeze leftover pizza, let the slices first cool to room temperature. Then, either wrap the individual slices in layers of plastic wrap and a final layer or foil, or seal the slices in a freezer bag.
When you’re ready to eat the frozen pizza, warm the slices in a 350F oven for 15 or so minutes.
More Homemade Pizza Recipes:
- Mexican Taco Pizza — EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and like eating a taco in pizza form!! Taco-seasoned ground beef on top of refried beans with melted cheese and your favorite taco fixings!
- 10-Minute Skillet Pizza — A FAST, EASY, and foolproof recipe to make pizza at home in 10 minutes!
- Grilled Pepperoni Pizza — If you’ve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it! It’s foolproof, delicious, faster than calling for delivery, and pizza is always a WINNER!
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza — A copycat version of California Pizza Kitchen’s bbq chicken pizza that you can make at home in 15 minutes! EASY, loaded with juicy chicken, red onions, cilantro, and lots of cheese!
- Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Pin This Recipe
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 1 15-Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz Fontina Cheese
- 0.7 oz Grana Padano Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (Whole Dried Basil, Sage, Oregano, Savory, Rosemary, Thyme, & Marjoram)
- 2 Tbsps Quark Cheese
- 6 oz Carrots
- 1 Apple
- 1 head Butter Lettuce
- 2 Tbsps Sliced Roasted Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Creamy Mustard Sauce
Make the Pizza
- Prep the ingredients. Remove the dough from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 475°F. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Grate the fontina cheese on the large side of a box grater. Tear the mozzarella cheese into small pieces. Grate the Grana Padano cheese on the small side of a box grater.
- Make the sauce. In a small pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until slightly softened. Add the tomatoes (carefully, as the liquid may splatter) and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Turn off the heat, add the Quark Cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble and bake the pizza. Lightly oil a sheet pan. On a work surface, using your hands and a rolling pin (or a wine bottle), gently stretch and roll the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. (If the dough is resistant, let rest 5 minutes.) Carefully transfer to the sheet pan; rub into the pan to coat the bottom in oil.
- Leaving a 1-inch border around the edges, spread enough of the sauce onto the dough to coat (you may have extra sauce). Evenly top with the grated fontina cheese, torn mozzarella cheese, and half the grated Grana Padano cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Blue Apron’s recommendation is to bake 17 to 19 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown; however my pizza was done after 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand at least 2 minutes.
- Slice pizza and serve. Transfer the baked pizza to a cutting board and cut into equal-sized pieces. Serve the sliced pizza with the salad on the side. Garnish the pizza with the remaining grated Grana Padano cheese.
Make the Salad
- Prepare the salad. While the pizza bakes, wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut off and discard the root end of the lettuce; separate the leaves. Peel the carrots and grate on the large side of a box grater. Quarter, core, and thinly slice the apple. Combine in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the creamy mustard sauce and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the almonds and enough of the dressing to coat to the bowl of prepared salad ingredients (you may have extra dressing); season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from Blue Apron.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 800Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 1379mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 11gSugar: 20gProtein: 33g
Even More Pizza Recipes:
One Hour Whole Wheat Pizza Dough – An easy pizza dough that’s healthier because of the whole wheat flour! Ready in one hour!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Pepperoni Pizza and Chipotle Avocado Cucumber Flatbreads – Fun, easy and great for game days!
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders — Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone loves them! Totally irresistible!
Post is sponsored by Blue Apron. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.