Barbecue Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza – This amazingly fresh bbq pizza reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s bbq chicken pizza except I think homemade is better. I’m not partial or anything. In just 15 minutes, you have a meal everyone will love!
BBQ Chicken Pizza for Dinner
For awhile, I was making pizza with my family a few times a month but we fell out of the habit. This pizza is bringing me back into the habit because it’s so good, so easy, and ready in 15 minutes.
And everyone, including kids, love pizza for dinner! This one is almost a guaranteed crowd pleaser, and it’s super easy to make.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza
Pizza is easy to make, and whats on a BBQ chicken pizza is easy to find and buy – dough, rotisserie chicken, bbq sauce, red onion, mozzarella and if you like, cilantro.
- You can make scratch pizza dough in one hour or use storebought fresh pizza dough. I like Trader Joe’s if I’m feeling lazy. I don’t even bother with a rolling pin and just stretch it into place. Whatever dough you choose, you’re going to love how much flavor is packed in the pizza.
- Replace traditional marinara sauce with a layer of barbecue sauce.
- Shredded chicken is also tossed in barbecue sauce for plenty of rich, smoky barbecue flavor. Use your favorite BBQ sauce. I used this one. To save time use storebought rotisserie chicken.
- Add additional flavor and texture with crisp red onions, gooey mozzarella.
- After baking, add a healthy sprinkling of cilantro. I love the contrast of the fresh herbs with the juicy chicken.
How Long to Bake BBQ Chicken Pizza
I bake my pizzas on a pizza stone and it’s square so my pizzas tend to be on the square side which I think of as ‘rustic’. You can use a baking sheet instead of a stone.
Baking times will vary based on the dough used, how heavily you pile on the toppings (heavy for me so my pizzas take 12 to 13 minutes), what surface you’re baking on, and personal preference. Watch closely starting at about 8 minutes because it’s a very hot oven and the pizza can go from raw to charred in a minute.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
The pizza is good, so easy, and ready in 15 minutes and reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s barbecue chicken pizza except I think homemade is better. You can make scratch dough or use storebought fresh dough. Replace traditional marinara sauce with a barbecue sauce. Shredded chicken is also tossed in barbecue sauce for plenty of rich, smoky barbecue flavor. To save time use storebought rotisserie chicken. Additional flavor and texture comes from crisp red onions, gooey mozzarella, and after baking add a healthy sprinkling of cilantro. Watch closely starting at about 8 minutes because it’s a very hot oven and the pizza can go from raw to charred in a minute.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, if baking on a baking sheet
- one pound fresh pizza dough (scratch or storebought)
- about 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken (use storebought rotisserie chicken to save time)
- one quarter of one red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzrella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 475F. Place pizza stone in the oven if using one (don’t add oil to the stone) or lightly oil a baking sheet with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Roll or stretch pizza dough out into approximately a 10 to 12-inch round or an oblong shape (doesn’t have to be perfect). Place dough onto a well-floured pizza peel if using a stone or onto the baking sheet.
- Evenly spread about 1/3 cup barbecue sauce over the pizza, keeping a 1/2-inch bare margin around the perimeter.
- To a medium bowl, add the chicken, remaining barbecue sauce, and toss to combine.
- Evenly scatter chicken over the pizza.
- Evenly top with red onion, mozzarella, and bake for about 8 to 13 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pizza is done to your liking. Baking times will vary based on the dough used, how heavily you pile on the toppings, what surface you’re baking on, and personal preference. Watch closely starting at about 8 minutes because it’s a very hot oven and the pizza can go from raw to charred in a minute.
- Evenly sprinkle with cilantro, slice, and serve immediately. Pizza is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently if desired.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
One Hour Whole Wheat Pizza Dough – An easy pizza dough that’s healthier because of the whole wheat flour! Ready in one hour!
Easy Pizza Bake – Skip takeout and make your own warm and cheesy deep dish pizza bake! Fast, easy, and ready in 30 minutes! It’s a keeper everyone loves!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Pepperoni Pizza and Chipotle Avocado Cucumber Flatbreads– Fun, easy and great for game days!
Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas – Storebought tortilla shells bake up thin, crispy, and are easy to use for personal-sized pizzas! Everyone can choose their toppings!
Beer-Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders
Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings – The easiest wings ever because there’s NO frying involved!! And they’re healthier this way, too! Tender, juicy, with just the right amount of kick!! Perfect for parties and game days!
One-Pan Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Juicy chicken and tender potatoes roasted on one pan!! The barbecue sauce keeps everything super moist and flavorful! Fast, easy, and zero cleanup!
Favorite EASY CHICKEN RECIPES