Easy Pizza Dip — Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip recipe!! It’s the perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Table of Contents
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Ingredients in Pizza Dip
- How to Make Pizza Dip
- Tips for Making Hot Pizza Dip
- What to Serve with Pizza Dip
- Can I Add Extra Pizza Toppings to This Dip?
- Can I Make Pizza Dip in a CrockPot?
- Storage and Reheating Instructions
- Recipe Video Tutorial
- Looking for More Pizza Appetizers?
- Easy Pizza Dip Recipe
- More Cheesy Dip Recipes:
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Pizza. It’s everyone’s favorite food. Especially for game days, family-friendly weeknight dinners, and those must-have-cheese-now situations.
If you’re a cheese lover or a pizza fan you’re going to love this crustless pizza dip. I’d gladly skip my own one-hour homemade pizza crust and just eat pizza cheese, thank you very much. Plus, no crust means it’s naturally gluten-free dip, which is nice if you’re entertaining to have that option.
This pepperoni dip is so fast and easy to make that you can have it assembled and in the oven in less than 5 minutes without dirtying a single bowl. The perfect kind of recipe.
There are only 5 ingredients in the dip, and 3 of them are cheese. Cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese that are layered into pizza sauce and topped with pepperoni.
Ingredients in Pizza Dip
To make this baked pizza dip recipe, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Grated mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan
- Pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
Note: Scroll down to the recipe card section of the post for the ingredients with amounts included and for more complete directions.
How to Make Pizza Dip
This is such an easy dip recipe! Here’s an overview of how the cream cheese pepperoni pizza dip comes together:
- Spray a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray, then carefully spread the cream cheese all around the base of the dish.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan and mozzarella over the cream cheese, then spread the pizza sauce over top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the pizza sauce before adding the pepperoni slices.
- Bake the pepperoni dip until the cheese is fully melted and the dip is done to your liking.
Tips for Making Hot Pizza Dip
Be sure to use brick-style cream cheese for the richest, creamiest pepperoni pizza dip. You also want your cream cheese to be softened to room temperature so it’s easier to spread around the pie dish.
Use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce in this cheesy dip. If you have a homemade pizza sauce recipe you love (click the link to see my fave!), even better.
Note that this pizza dip is best warm and fresh, but leftovers can be gently reheated in the microwave.
What to Serve with Pizza Dip
The possibilities are endless when it comes to serving this pepperoni pizza dip! If you think something will taste good dunked in pizza sauce in cheese, then it probably will.
Here are some serving suggestions to get you started:
- Toasted baguette slices
- Garlic toast
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
Can I Add Extra Pizza Toppings to This Dip?
If you’re a fan of doctored up pizza (my family isn’t), feel free to add black olives, sausage, bell peppers, pineapple, or whatever floats your pizza boat. You can use pretty much any of your favorite pizza toppings in this recipe!
Can I Make Pizza Dip in a CrockPot?
I’ve never made pizza dip in the CrockPot before, so I’m not sure if it’ll work. Based on the texture of this dip, my gut says it won’t.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Spoon any leftover cream cheese pizza dip into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to five days.
You can reheat individual portions in the microwave at 30-second intervals, and call them crust-less pizza or noodle-less lasagna. But I doubt you will wind up with leftovers because after everyone digs into the warm, gooey, bowl of comfort, all this cheesy goodness will be gone in no time!
Recipe Video Tutorial
Pin This Recipe
Easy Pizza Dip
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, very well-softened (lite is okay)
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided (3/4 cup + 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, divided (1/2 cup + 1/2 cup)
- 1 heaping cup pizza sauce, or your favorite marinara or red sauce
- about 15 pepperoni slices, or as needed to cover surface of pie dish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish (I used a glass Pyrex) with cooking spray.
- Using a spatula or butter knife, evenly spread the cream cheese over the base of pie dish. It’ll slide around a bit and it doesn’t have to be perfect, but it’s so much easier if your cream cheese is very well-softened.
- Evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over cream cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Evenly add the pizza sauce to cover cheese and if necessary, gently spread it with a spatula or knife to evenly disperse.
- Evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Evenly top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes (I baked 23 minutes), or until cheese has melted and dip is done to your liking. Allow dip to cool momentarily before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: toasted French bread or baugettes, breadsticks, garlic toasts, pita chips, bagel chips, crackers, or eat by the spoonful.
- Dip is best warm and fresh, but extra will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Gently re-heat in micro before serving leftover portion.
- Read product labels to ensure all products are gluten-free if that’s a consideration for you.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Cheesy Dip Recipes:
Beef Queso Dip — Caramelized onions, ground beef, taco seasoning, and CHEESE in this EASY queso dip everyone loves!! Great for game days, PARTIES, holidays, and events!!
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips of all time! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy, perfect comfort food!
5-Minute Chili Cheese Dip — EASY, ready in 5 minutes, just 3 main ingredients, and made in the microwave!! The CHEESE is irresistible! The perfect game day or easy party appetizer that everyone LOVES!!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection.
Loaded Baked BLT Dip — This cheesy BLT dip is loaded with two types of cheese, bacon, fresh tomatoes, and more! It’s perfect for holiday parties and tailgating and is SO easy to make!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip — This baked spinach artichoke dip is rich, creamy, and it’s a crowd FAVORITE sure to disappear at parties!! It’s so cheesy thanks to both mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses! It’s just THE BEST!!
Originally published Jan 28, 2015 and republished Jan 24, 2020 with updated text.