Pepperoni Pizza Sliders — Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders!! EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone LOVES them! Totally IRRESISTIBLE!!
Easiest Pizza Appetizer
One of the most popular recipes on my site and Facebook over the past few months has been these Ham and Cheese Sliders. Between holiday parties, game day parties, or as an easy weeknight dinner option it’s not shocking why they’re popular.
Since pizza seems to be a universal favorite, it was an easy decision to make pepperoni pizza sliders and my family raved about them.
They said it’s the best thing I’ve ever made in the history of my 8+ years blogging. It’s bittersweet that something so easy and that’s ready in 15 minutes gets the highest compliment of all.
Hawaiian bread is one of my all-time favorite kinds of bread and it’s absolutely perfect for the sliders.
Melted butter is spiked with onion, oregano, and garlic to deliver classic pizza flavoring. Throw in Parmesan and loads of melted mozzarella cheese and you’ll be in gooey, cheesy, buttery fingers heaven.
What’s in These Pizza Sliders?
To make these cheesy Hawaiian bread sliders, you’ll need:
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Mini pepperoni
- Unsalted butter
- Dried minced onion
- Grated Parmesan
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley
Can I Substitute the Hawaiian Rolls?
You could use regular dinner rolls if you’re in a pinch but the Hawaiian bread stays soft and tender in the interior and the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking.
What’s the Best Pizza Sauce for Sliders?
Use your favorite store-bought brand, or make your own homemade pizza sauce in a couple of minutes.
Can I Add Other Pizza Toppings?
Definitely! You can doctor up the pizza sliders with cooked bacon, sausage, or your other pizza fixing favorites. I kept this pizza appetizer basic since my family appreciates basic when it comes to pizza.
Can I Use Different Cheeses?
Yes again! I personally prefer using mozzarella in the pepperoni pizza sliders because it becomes super stretchy and gooey once melted. But use any blend of cheese you’d like.
How to Make Pizza Sliders
Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half so you have a “slab” of tops and a “slab” of bottoms. Place the bottom slab into a 9×13-inch foiled-lined baking dish.
Spread the pizza sauce over the bottom slab of rolls, followed by a sprinkling of mozzarella, a layer of pepperoni, and then the remaining mozzarella. Top with the remaining slab of rolls, then brush with a mixture of melted butter and herbs.
Let the Hawaiian roll pizza sliders rest on your counter for 5 minutes before baking. I like to garnish these Hawaiian roll sliders with additional Parmesan and fresh parsley just before serving them.
Can I Prep Pizza Sliders in Advance?
No, these Hawaiian bread sliders are best eaten right away. If you bake these in advance and then reheat them for guests, I fear the rolls would become soggy.
How to Reheat Leftover Sliders
Although this pizza appetizer is best made and eaten right away, leftovers will keep for about three days in the fridge. Reheat gently in the microwave or pop into a warm oven.
Tips for Making Pizza Sliders
When slicing the rolls in half, note that you should NOT pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. You’re looking to make a connected slab of top and bottom buns.
I used store-bought pizza sauce, but you’re welcome to use your favorite homemade sauce as well.
If you can’t find mini pepperoni at your grocery store, regular sized may be substituted. Likewise, you can use turkey pepperoni or another pepperoni alternative if you don’t eat the regular kind. This pepperoni pizza sliders recipe is fairly flexible.
Pin This Recipe
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half (see directions for more details)
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- about 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- one 5-ounce package mini pepperoni (regular size may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnishing to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf or regular parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected.
- Place the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly add the pizza sauce to the bottom slab of rolls.
- Evenly sprinkle with about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese; set remainder aside.
- Evenly layer the pepperoni over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Add the top ‘slab’ of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour or spoon the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula or spoon to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Evenly garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste and optional parsley. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 405mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
Ham and Cheese Sliders — Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!
Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders — Tender chicken coated in ranch, nestled in soft rolls with Swiss and a buttery Dijon topping! Fast, easy, and everyone loves them! Perfect for parties, game days, and snacks!
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Fry Sauce – Meatless comfort food at its finest! Hearty, satisfying and so good!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas — Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Pepperoni Pizza Bombs – Pizza by way of soft, warm rolls stuffed with pepperoni and oodles of CHEESE!! Easy, ready in 15 minutes, perfect for PARTIES, and simply IRRESISTIBLE!!