Lemon Pepper Dijon Salmon
This post may contain affiliate links.
Lemon Pepper Dijon Salmon – Juicy baked salmon at home in 20 minutes that’s so EASY and tastes BETTER than from a fancy restaurant!! The lemons, lemon pepper, and Dijon add so much rich FLAVOR to this FOOLPROOF sheet pan salmon!!
Lemon Dijon Salmon Recipe
It’s juicy, tender, and full of rich lemon flavor from a trifecta of lemon: lemons nestled underneath, a lemon juice-Dijon mixture spread on top, and a generous sprinkling of lemon pepper.
Fish, especially salmon, pairs so perfectly with lemon and this recipe is no exception.
In the final moments before it gets broiled, it’s drizzled with a touch of honey to balance the tartness of the lemon.
The Dijon adds a luxurious note that makes this salmon taste restaurant worthy.
What’s in Lemon Pepper Dijon Salmon?
For this juicy lemon-infused salmon recipe, you just need a handful of common ingredients:
- Skin-on salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Whole lemon + lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Lemon pepper
- Fresh parsley
Easy Baked Lemon Dijon Salmon
First line your baking sheet with foil. It’s not imperative but I strongly recommend it for easier cleanup. Fold up the edges up a bit so the the juices don’t run off.
Place the salmon on the baking sheet, nestle the lemon slices underneath, and drizzle with olive oil.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and Dijon mustard, and spoon it over the salmon.
Season the salmon generously with salt and that flavorful lemon pepper.
Bake the salmon for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until nearly done. Baking time can vary dramatically based on the thickness of the salmon. Although it was large in it’s footprint and weight (2 pounds), this particular piece of salmon was on the thinner side and was ready to be broiled at 13 minutes.
Switch your oven over to broiler mode, drizzle the salmon with a touch of honey, and let the broiler crisp up the top and edges of the salmon.
The interior is so tender and juicy while the edges have the slightest bit of crispiness which is such perfect contrast.
How To Tell When The Dijon Salmon Is Done?
For larger filets, I recommend baking for 12 to 15 minutes or until salmon looks almost done, but not quite – provided you’re going to hit it with the broiler momentarily.
This may be hard to distinguish for a beginning cook, and sauces obscure the top surface of the fish, but the interior of the salmon will be light pink and opaque when done.
It will flake easily with a fork when it’s done.
Because all pieces of salmon vary in their thickness, cooking times will vary. Thick pieces will require a bit more time, thin and long pieces will need less. If in doubt, I recommend pulling it when you first think it’s done and flaking it with a fork and if it’s still a little underdone, you can always return it to the oven. You can’t undo things if you accidentally overcook it and dry or overcooked fish is so unappetizing.
Anytime you’re broiling something you should keep a very close on your food because it can burn very quickly under the broiler.
Remember that you don’t have to broil on the top rack (you can use the second rack), and while it will take slightly longer, there’s less chance of it burning.
Do I Have the Broil the Lemon Pepper Salmon?
No, just note that the edges of the salmon won’t be as crispy if you don’t broil it.
If you’re not broiling it, make sure the salmon is cooked through when you’re baking it (obviously – but I am just pointing this out – you would be surprised the questions I get).
Can I Make This With Smaller Pieces of Salmon?
Yes, but the bake times will vary depending on the dimensions of your salmon, as well as how thick your salmon fillets are.
If you use individual pieces of salmon instead of one large salmon fillet, my best advice is to cook the salmon until it’s done. I’d start checking by 8 to 10 minutes, and keep an eye on it from there.
- 2 pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 rounded tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground lemon pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- fresh parsley, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F (use convection if you have it), line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup (highly recommended), place the salmon skin-side down on the baking sheet, and nestle the lemon slices underneath it, evenly spaced.
- Evenly drizzle with olive oil; set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the lemon juice, Dijon, stir to combine, and slowly spoon the mixture over the salmon, evenly season with salt and lemon pepper, and bake for 375F for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until salmon is nearly done.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, evenly drizzle the salmon with honey, turn broiler to High, and broil for 3 to 5 minutes to finish cooking. Note - Keep a very watchful eye on the salmon if you broil it because the honey in the sauce will be prone to burning and it can go from fine looking to burnt in less than 1 minute so don't leave the kitchen and watch it the whole time. Alternatively, if you're not comfortable broiling, simply continue baking the salmon for a few extra minutes, or until done; don't overcook or the salmon will be dry and the broccoli will burn. Tip - Read blog post for suggestions about how to know when salmon is done. All pieces vary in their thickness and therefore all cooking times will vary. You need to be the judge of when it's done and not go by solely what the clock says.
- Optionally garnish with parsley and serve immediately. Salmon is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 26g
More Easy Salmon Recipes:
Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Salmon — Make salmon at home in 30 minutes that tastes better than from a restaurant! Easy, tender, and packed with flavor from the honey and lemon butter!
Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon — Juicy salmon at home in 30 minutes that’s EASY and tastes BETTER than from a restaurant! The butter is infused with lemon and garlic and adds so much FLAVOR!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!
Sheet Pan Asian Salmon and Broccoli – An EASY recipe that only uses 7 ingredients, is ready in 20 minutes, and tastes way BETTER than salmon you’d get in a fancy restaurant!! IMPRESS your family and friends with this FOOLPROOF recipe!!
Easy Salmon and Potato Foil Packets – Juicy, moist salmon that’s loaded with flavor! Ready in 30 minutes, zero cleanup, and a foolproof way to cook salmon and look like a gourmet cook!
Sheet Pan Chili Dijon Salmon – A 5-ingredient salmon recipe that tastes 5-STARS and is ready in 25 minutes!! Loaded with layers of incredible flavor from two types of chili sauce, Dijon mustard, and honey! You’ll LOVE this salmon recipe!!
Maple Barbeque-Glazed Salmon – The glaze is smoky and sweet with a bit of heat and makes this easy 15-minute recipe just pop!
Honey Lemon-Glazed Salmon Salad – Coated with a tangy-sweet glaze that doubles as a light and bright salad vinaigrette! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! An awesome 15-minute meal!
Lemon Dill Salmon with Vegetables in Parchment — Tender salmon with vegetables and it’s so easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with bold lemon and dill flavor! Put it on your dinner rotation!
Grilled Honey Lemon Butter Salmon — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Wonderfully tender, so juicy, just melts in your mouth, and has FABULOUS flavor!!
Sheet Pan Lemon Dijon Baked Salmon and Potatoes – This baked salmon and potatoes recipe is ready in 25 minutes, the lemon butter and Dijon mustard add so much FLAVOR, and it’s made on ONE sheet pan!! EASY comfort food for busy weeknights!!
Chile Lime Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa – Tender and INCREDIBLE salmon with mango salsa that’s bursting with Mexican FLAVORS to complement the fish!! So EASY and ready in 15 minutes!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.