Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins — Easy, no mixer recipe for the SOFTEST, moistest, most ADORABLE little muffins ever!! Rich PUMPKIN flavor and CHOCOLATE in every bite!!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Mini muffins are just so poppable. I really believe muffins taste better when they’re in mini form. And of course the calories don’t count then either. That’s what I tell myself when I’m reaching for the fourth muffin in two minutes.
This is an easy, no mixer base recipe that I tweaked very slightly. It’s been a favorite of mine over the years because the results always taste fabulous.
The mini pumpkin muffins are packed with bold pumpkin flavor and plenty of warming spices. I like boldly spiced pumpkin goodies and these fit the bill. They’re super soft, tender, springy, and extremely moist.
Ironically they’re vegan but you’d never guess it. No eggs, no butter, no cow’s milk, and yet they taste so rich and decadent thanks to the pumpkin. And of course plenty of chocolate in every bite. I find pumpkin has a way of mimicking eggs by naturally keeping baked goods fluffy and perfectly light without being airy.
What’s in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins?
To make these easy pumpkin muffins, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Spices (cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, allspice, cloves)
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Milk (I used cashew milk)
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Whisk together the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry in another. Combine the two, then stir to mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
Turn the batter into 24 greased mini muffin cups. Evenly sprinkle the top of each muffin with a generous pinch of chocolate chips.
Bake until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
What Type of Molasses Should I Use?
You want to use a mild or medium molasses. Do NOT use blackstrap molasses as it’s too strong in flavor.
How to Store Pumpkin Muffins
Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips for Making Mini Pumpkin Muffins
I had enough batter for one mini loaf in addition to 24 mini muffins. It’s easy to keep two mini muffin pans and the mini loaf pan all on one oven rack that way, which I find is best to ensure even cooking.
Bake until the centers are set and springy to the touch. All ovens, pans, and climates vary so use my suggested baking time as only an estimate. Start checking early in case your oven runs hot or your pans are smaller.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 2 tablespoons mild or medium molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray two 12-count mini muffin pans (or one 12-count regular muffin pan) very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and whisk together; set aside.
- To a separate large bowl add the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine (I highly recommend using mini chocolate chips for better distribution and because they’re size-proportionate).
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, add about 1 rounded tablespoon of batter (for mini muffins) to each muffin cavity, filling to 3/4-full; don’t overfill.
- Evenly sprinkle the top of each muffin and the loaf with a generous pinch of chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (start checking at 10 minutes because all mini muffins pans, ovens, and climates vary; keep a close eye on them because mini muffins cook quickly) or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 15 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Note – You will likely have extra batter beyond 24 mini muffins or 12 regular and with it I made one mini loaf.
Storage: Muffins will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
More Pumpkin Recipes:
My FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES on my blog!
My cookbook, Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and there are over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon to check it out!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins — You’ll never miss the eggs or butter! Easy, soft, fluffy and the best pumpkin muffins ever!
Mini Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins – The EASIEST pumpkin muffins ever!! Everything is mixed together in your blender!
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins — Soft little muffins that pack a big punch of pumpkin flavor! Mini food just tastes better!
Oatmeal To-Go Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Like having a bowl of warm pumpkin oatmeal in portable muffin form! Fast and easy!
Pumpkin Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake – One big oven-baked pancake so there’s nothing to stand around waiting to flip!! The batter is made in the blender making this the EASIEST pancake ever! Gluten-free and dairy-free options provided!!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bake — This recipe is perfect for lazy weekend breakfasts, impromptu company, or a special holiday brunch or event.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake — A FAST and EASY no-mixer pumpkin coffee cake with rich pumpkin flavor!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.