Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders
Everyone seems to love sliders and they’re fast and easy to make. A win on every level.
Set these little gems out at parties, events, on game days, or as an after-school snack and you’ll hear plenty of oohs and ahhs.
Tender chicken is coasted in tangy ranch dressing and topped with Swiss cheese.
It’s all nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping. So much flavor in every bite.
Except I didn’t use regular chicken. Instead I used MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips.
They’re lightly seasoned with a rotisserie chicken flavor. These versatile plant-protein strips are great in any dish where you’d usually use chicken, including casseroles, pastas, salads, and wraps. It’s an easy and healthy lunch, weeknight dinner, or game day swap.
Most of my friends and family didn’t even realize until after I told them they weren’t eating chicken.
I guess they were too busy savoring all the glorious flavors in the sliders and licking their fingers.
Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders
Everyone seems to love sliders and they’re fast and easy to make. Set these little gems out at parties, events, on game days, or as an after-school snack and you’ll hear plenty of oohs and ahhs. Tender chicken is coasted in tangy ranch dressing and topped with Swiss cheese. It’s all nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping. So much flavor in every bite.
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half (see directions for more details)
- one 10-ounce bag MorningStar Farms® Chik’n Strips, thawed and diced small
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcesteshire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. Place the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls in prepared pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the diced Chick’n Strips, ranch dressing, and stir to coat evenly.
- Evenly add the chick’n over the rolls.
- Evenly layer the cheese.
- Add the top ‘slab’ of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 16 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until as done as desired. Baking time will vary based on the size of pan used, climate and oven variances, etc. Bake until as done as desired; watch to make sure they don’t burn since all ovens and ingredients vary. Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
Adapted from Ham and Cheese Sliders
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Fry Sauce – Meatless comfort food at its finest! Hearty, satisfying and so good!
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!
Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups – Creamy avocado with sharp cheddar, cilantro, and a little bit of smoky chipotle heat! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, and everyone loves these! Great appetizer and a gameday party favorite!
Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings – The easiest wings ever because there’s NO frying involved!! And they’re healthier this way, too! Tender, juicy, with just the right amount of kick! Perfect for parties and game days!
Honey Garlic Meatballs – Juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce adds so much flavor! Perfect for parties, holidays, game days, and more! Everyone loves these easy meatballs!
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip – A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip and you get to eat the bowl!
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – Pretzels, peanuts, and popcorn tossed with ranch mix! Ready in 5 minutes and so addictively good!