Ham and Cheese Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ham and Cheese Sliders — Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping!! Fast, EASY, and a party FAVORITE!!
Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders
If you’re in need of an easy comfort-food recipe for tailgating, holiday parties or events, or an after-school snack that everyone loves, this will do the trick.
Baked juicy ham and Swiss cheese nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping.
Hawaiian bread is one of my all-time favorite kinds of bread and it’s absolutely perfect for the sliders.
It stays soft and tender in the interior and while the base of the sliders have an ever-so-slight crispiness from the buttery mixture that drips down during baking.
There’s flavor galore from the juicy ham, savory cheese, sharp Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, dried onions, and Worcesteshire sauce.
While eating the sliders, the term ‘butter fingers’ may come to mind. Soft, white, warm bread covered in butter is never a bad thing.
As a bonus, your cuticles will be extra moisturized.
What’s in the Ham and Cheese Sliders?
For these Hawaiian roll ham sliders, you’ll need the following:
- Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Hawaiian roll ham and cheese sliders are a breeze to make! Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms. Don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected.
Layer the ham and cheese onto the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls, then place the top ‘slab’ back on.
Whisk together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Brush over the top rolls.
Before baking, you MUST let the sliders sit for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature. This gives the butter mixture time to soak into the bread and flavor it.
Then, bake the sliders until the cheese is melted and serve!
- one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls, sliced in half (see directions for more details)
- 3/4 pound cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcesteshire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a ‘slab’ of tops and a ‘slab’ of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected.
- Place the bottom ‘slab’ of rolls in prepared pan.
- Evenly layer about half of the ham over the rolls.
- Evenly layer the cheese.
- Evenly layer the remaining ham.
- Add the top ‘slab’ of rolls; set aside.
- To a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the mustard, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Evenly and slowly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls.
- Cover with aluminum foil and allow rolls to stand at room temp for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until as done as desired. Baking time will vary based on the size of pan used, climate and oven variances, etc. Bake until as done as desired; watch to make sure they don’t burn since all ovens and ingredients vary.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve immediately. Sliders are best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 13g
More Party Sliders:
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders — Pizza by way of supremely cheesy sliders!! EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for parties because everyone LOVES them! Totally IRRESISTIBLE!!
Beer and Bourbon BBQ Chicken Sliders — Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Caramelized Onion and Portobello Mushroom Sliders with Fry Sauce – Meatless comfort food at its finest! Hearty, satisfying and so good!
Ranch Chicken and Swiss Sliders — Tender chicken is coasted in tangy ranch dressing and topped with Swiss cheese. It’s all nestled in soft, sweet Hawaiian rolls with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping.
Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders – Grilled pineapple slices brushed with a soy and ginger marinade add a Hawaiian-inspired twist to these irresistible sandwiches!
Originally published August 2016, updated April 2019, and republished January 15, 2021.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.