Layered Beef Taco Dip
Layered Beef Taco Dip – A FAST and EASY layered dip with taco-seasoned cream cheese, sour cream, ground beef, black beans, cheese, tomatoes, and more!! Perfect for your next FIESTA and a guaranteed WINNER with everyone!!
If you’re in need of an easy Cinco de Mayo party recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes, this layered beef taco dip has got you covered. I guarantee it will be a hit with your family and friends.
Keep it in your repertoire for all of the summer holidays coming up including Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. This dip has summer picnic, party, and potluck written all over it.
How To Make The Layered Beef Taco Dip
First, combine cream cheese with sour cream and stir in a packet of Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix before adding it to a casserole dish for your first layer of the dip.
Next, brown ground beef with an onion before adding Ortega® Fire-Roasted Green Chiles, Ortega® Taco Seasoning Mix, and Ortega® Black Beans. Add this juicy beef and bean mixture over the cream cheese and sour cream.
Top with shredded cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, and Ortega® Medium Taco Sauce to really bring out the Mexican-inspired flavors in this easy layered dip.
Ortega Mexican Seasonings are made with the highest quality ingredients. Each seasoning uses a unique blend of spices to provide an authentic Mexican eating experience. With a wide variety of flavors, Ortega Seasonings are sure to please your family and friends.
Trust Ortega Products
For more than 100 years, Ortega has been committed to family mealtime by providing a wide range of authentic, high-quality products to make Mexican meals at home. Everything from Taco Shells and Kits, to Salsas, Dips and Refried Beans. Not to mention America’s #1 Taco Sauce and Diced Green Chiles.
You can buy Ortega products at Walmart and at other retailers nationwide. Click here for a money-saving coupon.
How Does The Dip Taste
Because of the layers in this dip, you’re getting the best of all worlds. The cool cream cheese and creamy sour cream spiked with taco seasoning is a perfect contrast to the warm beef and tender black beans.
The bits of onions and green chiles add extra flavor and texture. Even though the chiles are fire-roasted, we didn’t find the dip spicy. Super flavorful indeed but not spicy.
The shredded cheese, juicy tomatoes, and cilantro are welcome bursts of freshness in contrast to the salty tortilla chips. They’re the perfect scoopers to help you savor this satisfying, filling, and comfort food dip.
I can assure you that if I ran into this dip at a Cinco de Mayo party, I would babysit it all night long and not leave it’s side. The Ortega products help make my favorite Mexican recipes extra delicious. Ortega’s complete range of innovative shells, premier taco sauces, seasonings, peppers, and skillet sauces enhance any Mexican meal occasion.
Customize The Recipe
I garnished the dip with tomatoes, cilantro, and taco sauce, but you can get super creative here.
Try green onions, bell peppers, chiles of any kind, salsa, shredded lettuce, avocado, guacamole, black olives, red onions, or whatever you’re craving.
Favorite Mexican Beef Recipes:
- Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
- Beef Tater Tot-Chos – Crispy tater tots topped with taco-seasoned ground beef and melted cheese is a DELICIOUS and fun twist on nachos!! EASY, ready in no time, and perfect for PARTIES!!
- Easy 30-Minute Beef Taco Chili – Don’t have all day for chili to simmer? No problem!! This EASY, hearty chili full of Mexican-inspired flavors is ready in 30 minutes! If you like TACOS, you’ll LOVE this chili!
- One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta – An EASY recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skill
- Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any FLAVOR!! The dressing is easy, creamy and IRRESISTIBLE!!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
- two 1.25-ounce packets Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 85% lean)
- 1 small/medium sweet Vidalia onion, diced small
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, if necessary
- one 4-ounce can Ortega Fire-Roasted Green Chiles,
- one 15-ounce can Ortega Black Beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Roma tomato, diced small
- fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Ortega Medium Taco Sauce, as desired for serving
- corn tortilla chips, for serving
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish (or high-sided 9×9-inch pan) with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the sour cream, cream cheese, and beat on high-speed with a handheld electric mixer.
- Add 1 packet taco seasoning and beat to incorporate.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan; place pan in the fridge.
- To a large skillet, add the beef, onion, oil if necessary, and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat, or until beef is cooked through and onion is soft and translucent. Crumble beef while it cooks to ensure even cooking.
- Add the green chiles, remaining 1 packet taco seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Add the black beans and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out over sour cream-cream cheese layer.
- Evenly top with the cheese, tomato, cilantro, taco sauce, and serve immediately with tortilla chips. Dip will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 23g
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
Beef Tater Tot-Chos – Crispy tater tots topped with taco-seasoned ground beef and melted cheese is a DELICIOUS and fun twist on nachos!! EASY, ready in no time, and perfect for PARTIES!!
Loaded Beef Skillet Nachos – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and LOADED with taco-seasoned ground beef, black beans, corn, cilantro, and lots of CHEESE!! Great for parties, game days, after school snacks, or a cheat night dinner!!
Cheesy Beef Taco Pie – Your favorite taco ingredients baked into a savory, CHEESY pie!! Ground beef, tomatoes, tortilla chips, and more! Great for parties, tailgating, or EASY family dinners and everyone loves it!!
Beef Queso Dip – Caramelized onions, ground beef, taco seasoning, and CHEESE in this FAST and EASY dip everyone loves!! Great for game days, PARTIES, holidays, and events!!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor! And cheese!
5-Minute Chili Cheese Dip – EASY, ready in 5 minutes, just 3 main ingredients, and made in the microwave!! The CHEESE is irresistible! The perfect game day or easy party appetizer that everyone LOVES!!
Post is brought to you by Ortega. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.