Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
Who’s ready for the biggest football game of the year? It’s hard to believe that this very fateful Sunday is just four days away! Wow that snuck up on me.
If you’re like me and love the snacks, dips, and appetizers more than the game itself, this easy and very cheesy beef taco dip will be just up your alley.
A big bonus is that this dip is so easy, ready in 15 minutes, it’s warm and hearty, and will please a crowd of hungry fans.
How To Make The Dip
Stir in the cheese, and top with fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions to bring out the Mexican-inspired flavors.
The Ortega products help make things delicious and I frequently use them in my favorite Mexican recipes. Ortega’s complete range of innovative shells, premier taco sauces, seasonings, peppers, and skillet sauces enhance any Mexican meal occasion. For more than 100 years, Ortega has been committed to family mealtime by providing a wide range of authentic, high-quality products to make Mexican meals at home. Everything from Taco Shells and Kits, to Salsas, Dips and Refried Beans. Not to mention America’s #1 Taco Sauce and Diced Green Chiles.
You can buy Ortega products at Walmart and at other retailers nationwide.
I served the dip in Ortega Bakeable Tortilla Bowls. I think they add to the pizazz factor and let’s be honest, it’s even less dishes to do later when you can literally eat the bowl. No shame friends.
I am all about convenience and this dip is definitely a fast and easy one. I’d rather be socializing with friends and watching the game day commercials than slaving away in the kitchen.
How Does The Cheesy Beef Taco Dip Taste
The dip tastes like you’re eating an awesome beef taco but in dip form because of the cheese, and there’s plenty of it. You can never have enough cheese in my book.
The dip is satisfying, filling, and comfort food indeed.
I used hot fire-roasted chiles, medium heat taco seasoning, and medium heat taco sauce, and we did not find this spicy in the least but we love our spicy food.
If you are extra sensitive to spices you can dial everything back to mild heat.
Feel free to add some corn, black beans, bell peppers, or your favorites if you want a more loaded version of this dip.
I garnished the dip with tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions but you can mix and match with those ingredients, or you can add some sour cream or an extra pinch of cheese on top.
Or serve the dip in Ortega Yellow Corn Taco Shells for more of a true taco experience. Everything is very flexible with this recipe.
Favorite Mexican Beef Recipes:
- Easy 30-Minute Beef Taco Chili – Don’t have all day for chili to simmer? No problem!! This EASY, hearty chili full of Mexican-inspired flavors is ready in 30 minutes! If you like TACOS, you’ll LOVE this chili!
- One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta – An EASY recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skillet, and loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors!! A family favorite that’s great for busy weeknights!!
- Cheesy Beef Taco Pie – Your favorite taco ingredients baked into a savory, CHEESY pie!! Ground beef, tomatoes, tortilla chips, and more! Great for parties, tailgating, or EASY family dinners and everyone loves it!!
- Beef Queso Dip – Caramelized onions, ground beef, taco seasoning, and CHEESE in this FAST and EASY dip everyone loves!! Great for game days, PARTIES, holidays, and events!!
- Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any FLAVOR!! The dressing is easy, creamy and IRRESISTIBLE!!
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The edible tortilla bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
- 1 Ortega Bakeable Tortilla Bowl Kit
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1 pound lean ground beef (I used 90/10)
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia or white onion, diced small
- one 4-ounce can Ortega Fire-Roasted Green Chiles (I used hot but you can use mild if preferred)
- one 1.25-ounce packet Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix, Original
- 4 ounces Ortega Medium Taco Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/3 cup diced fresh tomatoes, or as desired for garnishing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, or as desired for garnishing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced, or as desired for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375F and place tortillas in the bowls provided and place on a baking sheet, according to the package directions. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until tortillas are lightly golden and set. Tip – I added some dried beans to the center of each tortilla bowl to weigh them down so the shape would be more defined but it’s not imperative. Watch the baking time because although the package says bake for 9 to 11 minutes, mine were done after 5 minutes. While tortillas bake, brown the ground beef.
- To a large skillet, optionally add the olive oil, ground beef, onion, and cook over medium-high heat for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until ground beef is cooked through and onions are translucent; stir frequently and crumble beef as it cooks. I don’t drain the beef because the oil/liquid helps the cheese later on to stay melted and softer.
- Add the green chiles (do not drain), taco seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Add the taco sauce and stir to combine.
- Turn off the heat, add the cheese, and stir until combined and melted.
- Spoon the filling into the baked tortilla shells. I used 3 tortillas and each were quite full but you can use 2 tortillas and they will be heaping full or 4 tortillas will be more modestly filled.
- Evenly garnish with the tomatoes, cilantro, and green onions to taste. Serve immediately. Dip is best warm and fresh.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip!! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit! That CHEESE!!
Cheesy Beef Taco Pie – Your favorite taco ingredients baked into a savory, CHEESY pie!! Ground beef, tomatoes, tortilla chips, and more! Great for parties, tailgating, or EASY family dinners and everyone loves it!!
Beef Queso Dip – Caramelized onions, ground beef, taco seasoning, and CHEESE in this FAST and EASY dip everyone loves!! Great for game days, PARTIES, holidays, and events!!
Spicy Chorizo Queso – No processed cheese in this EASY cheese dip that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Wonderfully spicy thanks to the chorizo! Great appetizer for holiday entertaining, parties, and game days!!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor! And cheese!
Loaded Baked BLT Dip – The traditional flavors of a BLT sandwich turned into an easy, creamy, ultra CHEESY dip with BACON in every bite!! Everyone LOVES this dip! It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or tailgating!!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
5-Minute Chili Cheese Dip – EASY, ready in 5 minutes, just 3 main ingredients, and made in the microwave!! The CHEESE is irresistible! The perfect game day or easy party appetizer that everyone LOVES!!
Post is brought to you by Ortega®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.