My cookbook Peanut Butter Comfort has 100+ recipes using peanut butter.
And I have a compilation post with The 25 Best Caramel and Salted Caramel Recipes.
So imagine my delight when I tried the new SKIPPY Peanut Butter Spread with Salted Caramel.
It’s the perfect marriage of smooth, creamy peanut butter with salted caramel undertones. So good.
I baked it into super soft, slightly chewy bars that I adapted from Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. If you can’t find the new peanut butter yet in your area (here’s the store locator), that recipe calls for regular peanut butter and you could use regular peanut butter here too if necessary.
When I want an easy, fuss-free, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, I call upon my trusty blondie base. With 25+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour. For this version I added 1 cup chocolate chips and the salted caramel peanut butter. The only thing that’s not ‘one’ is the amount peanut butter (1/3 cup).
Between the butter, peanut butter, and salted caramel drizzle, the bars are supremely moist, gooey, and packed with salty-and-sweet flavor.
Chocolate is a natural pairing with either peanut butter or caramel and it’s just hits the spot in the bars.
They were a little too good and I had to promptly donate most of them to my daughter’s friends. I wish I still had their eight-year old metabolisms.
Pin This Recipe
- [1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 heaping cup [SKIPPY Peanut Butter Spread with Salted Caramel
- ]1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 2 tablespoons, for sprinkling
- salted caramel sauce, for drizzling (homemade or storebought)]
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, smoothing them lightly with a spatula or tapping down lightly with your fingertips.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Bars firm up as they cool. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before drizzling with salted caramel, slicing, and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the PB! And all the chocolate!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars – The taste and texture of cookies, minus the work of making individual cookies. Soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chunks!
Carmelitas – For the serious caramel lover, these soft and chewy bars are dripping with caramel and stuffed with chocolate!
Peanut Butter Caramel Twix Bars (almost no-bake) – DIY Twix Bars with a layer of peanut butter & just dripping with salted caramel!
Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies – Easy one-bowl, no mixer. Super soft and gooey!
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars – Keep the napkins handy for these soft, gooey bars dripping with the best caramel-peanut butter sauce!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends cleanout!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Nutter Butter Bars – Nutter Butters baked in along with PB and chocolate chips!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Peanut butter cups baked into soft, gooey, chewy bars!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie – 3 fave cookies combined into 1 giant cookie! So easy & ready in 25 minutes. Pop it in before dinner & enjoy!
The Best & Easiest Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce – Ready in 15 minutes & tastes 1000x better than any storebought sauce ever could!
The 25 Best Caramel and Salted Caramel Recipes – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a caramel recipe, this collection has you covered!
Post is brought to you by SKIPPY. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.