Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars
You think after the last few weeks that I’d be out of strawberry recipes but I’m not.
However this is the last one for awhile. I think. But don’t hold me to it.
If you need an easy, 5-ingredient recipe that’s goofproof and will be an automatic hit, look no further than these gooey bars.
The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and sweetened condensed milk peeks through the top. You could probably use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips if you’re adverse to white chocolate.
The bars start off with a box of strawberry cake mix. Did I mention I love shortcuts? If you don’t, or don’t have cake mix in your area, this may not be the recipe for you. I haven’t tried it any other way other than using cake mix. Don’t follow the directions on the box because you’re not making cake – you’re making gooey bars – so follow my directions below.
Because the bars will be loose and gooey as you take them out of the oven, make sure to allow them to cool for a few hours (overnight if you can plan ahead) if you want nice clean squares because they’re incredibly gooey right out of the oven. If you don’t care about presentation then dig in whenever you can’t resist any longer.
Strawberry White Chocolate Gooey Bars
If you need an easy, 5-ingredient recipe that’s goofproof and will be an automatic hit, look no further than these gooey bars. The strawberry base is soft and chewy, there are white chocolate chips for extra texture, and sweetened condensed milk peeks through the top. Don’t follow the directions on the cake mix because you’re not making cake – so follow my directions below. Make sure to allow them to cool for a few hours (overnight if you can plan ahead) if you want nice clean squares.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- one 15.25-ounce box strawberry cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- about 60% of one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (use about 8 ounces, I use fat-free)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×9-inch pan with aluminum foil (strongly recommended for easier cleanup) and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the butter and beat with a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cake mix, egg, and beat on low speed to combine. The batter will be very thick; keep beating until it goes from pea-sized crumbles to a tacky, thick dough.
- Add between half and two-thirds of the dough to the prepared pan to form an even, smooth base layer. I use a spatula but use your hands (sprayed with cooking spray) if that’s easier; set remaining dough aside.
- Evenly sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the dough.
- Evenly drizzle with about 60% of the can (about 8 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk; just eyeball it.
- Add the rest of the dough in approximately 1-inch pieces over the sweetened condensed milk, lightly pressing it down. You won’t have complete coverage; this is okay.
- Bake for about 27 to 30 minutes or until edges are set and the center is mostly set; it’s okay if it’s a little jiggly. I judged the doneness by looking at the edges and as they turned light golden brown, I removed the pan from the oven. Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for at least 2 to 3 hours (overnight is better) or until bars have firmed up enough to cut. Bars are best fresh but will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from Lemon Gooey Bars
Check out 40+ Strawberry Recipes HERE!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor!! The frosting and sprinkles make these easy, goof-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortbread Bars – A buttery shortbread crust topped with cream cheese filling, frosting, and strawberries! Easy and perfect for spring and summer parties!
Strawberry Custard Bars – Easy no mixer bars with a shortbread crust, one pound of fresh berries, a layer of sweet custard, and creamy whipped topping! A perfect warm weather dessert that everyone loves!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade! Sooo good!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bars – Soft, buttery bars topped with cheesecake and swirled with strawberry jam! The best of all worlds in these fast, easy, and amazing bars!
Strawberry Sweet Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze – Soft, buttery rolls filled with strawberry jam and topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese glaze!
Strawberry Lemon Crescent Ring
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake – A fast, easy, foolproof cake that looks tie-dyed from the strawberry streaks! Super moist yet light and perfect for spring and summer parties!