The Ultimate Egg Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
This post may contain affiliate links.
Get a load of this. It’s a two-handed number for sure.
It also happens to be fast, easy, and on the healthier side.
In less than 10 minutes you could be eating this sandwich rather than a bowl of cereal. I count that as a major breakfast win.
Eggs pack a protein punch and I love my eggs with juicy tomatoes. There’s creamy avocado with healthy fats to keep you satisfied longer.
Everything is sandwiched inside a Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffin. With only 100 calories and 8 grams of fiber, they’re a great choice to keep things lighter.
The recipe makes two sandwiches but you can easily scale it up or down based on your needs.
I think fresh is always best but you can make the sandwiches in batches and freeze them for busy weekday mornings. Don’t add the tomato and avocado until you’re ready to serve if you’re making them in advance.
Who needs the fat, calories, or expense of drive-thru sandwiches when you can grab this on your way out the door.
- 2 Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffins, halved, lightly toasted
- butter, to taste for buttering English muffins
- 4 large eggs, beaten and scrambled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 small avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin segments
- Halve, toast, and lightly butter the English muffins; set aside. While they’re toasting, scramble the eggs.
- Crack and lightly beat the eggs in a medium bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, add the eggs, and cook over medium-high heat to scramble, stirring intermittently. Cook about 3 to 5 minutes, or until done.
- Slice the tomato and avocado.
- Add half the tomatoes, half the eggs, and half the avocado to one of the English muffin halves, top with other half to form a sandwich. Use remaining ingredients to assemble second sandwich. Sandwiches are best warm and fresh but can be frozen for up to 3 months; allow to thaw and reheat gently in the micro as desired before serving. If making sandwiches in advance to freeze, don’t add the tomato and avocado until you’re ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 387mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy & only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
Asparagus, Peas, and Smoked Gouda Frittata – Even the pickiest eaters will eat green vegetables in this healthy, easy, 25 minute recipe!
Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) – Easy, cheesy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes!
White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs – Fast, easy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon and cheese jazz these eggs right up!
Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Hash browns, cream-style soup, and eggs. The eggs are creamy and the are potatoes crispy. Easy comfort food!
Vegetable Fried Rice Frittata (vegetarian, GF) – Like a fried rice vegetable stirfry that’s baked into creamy eggs!
15 Favorite Breakfast and Brunch Recipes – Fast and easy tried-and-true recipes that everyone will love!
Post is brought to you by Thomas’. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.