This post may contain affiliate links.
Time for a few Thursday Things. A few eye-catching items this week include:
Other flavors include banana pudding and key lime pie.
And, yes, the slogan really is “Put a little South on your mouth”
Speaking of butter…
“(Reuters) – The soaring popularity of a fat-rich fad diet has depleted stocks of butter in Norway creating a looming Christmas culinary crisis.”
He kinda sorta knows what he’s talking about and I tend to take note of his recommendations.
4. He also has published the best and the most comprehensive post about Food Blogging that I have ever seen, period.
I’ve read a lot of tips and tricks for staring a blog, what to do, to not do, what to say and not say, etc. I feel like I had had “read it all” until I recently came across this treasure of David’s. And if he didn’t say it, he linked to dozens of other highly informative and valuable posts on blogging, food photography, and the like.
His post is what I’d call the Bible on Blogging. I’d go to far as to say that no one else ever needs to write another post about What to Do if you Want to Start a Blog, How to Grow your Readership, Search Engine Optimization and Your Blog, etc. He’s said it. It makes my Blogging 101 Series look, well, pretty 101-ish.
5. This cableknit blanket
I want. I love cableknit anything.
6. This Pouffe <– Just typing that word is fun
I bet meditating on this would be
7. Random life musing: Do men somehow think a woman won’t notice that they left 1 square of toilet paper attached to the cardboard roll of toilet paper? That one square is so absorbent that it’s precisely enough to wipe the urine quantity from a hamster. But for normal sized females, we’d need quite a few more squares than that. Thus, we change the roll and don’t just leave that one, lone, straggly square of T.P. dangling.
Plus the last square usually has glue marks where it’s attached to the cardboard and I don’t want to be wiping old dried glue on my privates.
8. The winner of the Chobani Yogurt Giveaway is:
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers December 12, 2011 at 8:54 pm
“My favorite way to eat yogurt is plain greek yogurt with fresh berries, a dollop of peanut butter, chocolate sunflower drops and a pinch of raspberry or strawberry jam! I eat greek yogurt about 3 times a day!! I love the stuff!!”
10. If you thought Chocolate Saltine Toffee was crack-like (and make no mistake, it is)…
Then, go get a load of Cheez It Bark. I am making this once I’m back in San Diego and not in a 88F un-airconditioned Caribbean kitchen. Then again, I may break down and make it sooner rather than later. Same concept as using saltines but using Cheez-Its and I love those things.
Run out of butter lately? Changed the roll lately?
Have you seen any things lately that have you excited? Either for the holidays and gifts or just ‘everyday’ things?
Any fun holiday recipes, tips, or products…What are your things?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.