15-Minute Skillet Sesame Chicken with Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links.
15-Minute Skillet Sesame Chicken with Broccoli – HEALTHIER sesame chicken that isn’t breaded or fried!! You won’t miss the fat or calories in this FAST and EASY version that’s loaded with Asian-inspired flavors! You can happily skip takeout now!!
Rather than calling for takeout, make this flavorful and much healthier sesame chicken at home in 15 minutes. That’s a huge dinnertime win on busy weeknights.
You probably have almost all of the ingredients on hand, too. Double win.
Chicken and broccoli simmer in a sauce bursting with Asian flavors including honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. The chicken stays tender, juicy, and moist.
Crisp-tender broccoli florets are the perfect little sponges to soak in all that delish sauce.
This dish is great with rice served alongside and any extra sauce is perfect for spooning over rice.
This recipe makes great planned leftovers. I made it with that intention on a Monday so that I had school lunches for my daughter for the rest week. Meal prepping makes my life so much easier since all I have to do is grab a plastic container and toss it in her lunchbox. Or on nights where sports practice is running late, I can zap one of these in the microwave when she gets home.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.25 to 1.50 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- about 4 to 5 cups broccoli florets, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds, to taste for garnishing
- To a small bowl, add the cornstarch, water, and stir to dissolve; set slurry aside.
- To a medium saucepan, add the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- After the mixture is boiling, add the cornstarch slurry, whisk to combine, and allow the sauce to boil and thicken for 2 to 3 minutes; whisking nearly constantly. After sauce is as thick as desired, remove from the heat and set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the oils, chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; stir and flip intermittently so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Push chicken to one side of the skillet and add the broccoli to the other side (it looks like a ton but it shrinks in volume by nearly half), pour the sauce mostly over the chicken and add a few tablespoons over the broccoli, cover skillet, turn the heat to medium-low, and allow the broccoli to steam for 3 to 5 minutes, or until as crisp-tender as desired.
- Uncover skillet, and if desired, simmer uncovered for another 1 to 3 minutes, to reduce some of the sauce volume. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 884Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 2118mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 27gSugar: 49gProtein: 75g
15 Skinny Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Fast, easy, gluten-free recipes on the skinnier side! You won’t miss the fat and calories because there’s so much flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights!
15 Chicken Dinners Ready in 15 Minutes – Easy dinners that are ready in a flash and perfect for busy weeknights! Delish, healthy, and guaranteed to please your toughest dinner critics!
Easy Honey Mustard Chicken – Soft, juicy chicken tenders coated with the best honey mustard! Ready in under 20 minutes, a family favorite, and a perfect addition to your weeknight dinner rotation!
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables – A tangy-sweet balsamic glaze coats juicy chicken and crisp-tender veggies!! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights! I
Jeweled Honey Balsamic Chicken and Brussels Sprouts – Easy, one-skillet, healthy, ready in 15 minutes, and loaded with flavor! Juicy chicken, crisp-tender sprouts, tangy balsamic, sweet honey, and seasoned to perfection!
Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet – When you need a fast and easy dinner, this recipe is a keeper! Bold ranch flavor, adaptable to be made with your favorite veggies, and it’s healthy!
One-Skillet Honey Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans – An easy, one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes! Juicy chicken, crispy potatoes, and crisp-tender green beans for the win! Great for busy weeknights or date-night-in!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.