25 Cinco de Mayo and Easy Summertime Recipes
Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and rather than focusing only on Mexican-themed food, here are 25 recipes that are fun for outdoor parties and warmer weather.
As well as drinks to keep you cool and a few easy-breezy treats to keep your sweet tooth happy.
Everything featured is fast, easy, no-bake or nearly no-bake, since most of us would rather spend our time outdoors and with family and friends than in a hot kitchen.
1. Chipotle Avocado Cucumber Flatbreads (vegetarian, vegan if vegan flatbread is used)
2. Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas (vegetarian or vegan if vegan cheese and tortillas are used)
3. Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – Make in 5 minutes in microwave
4. Pina Colada Dip (vegan, GF)
5. Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters (vegan, GF)
6. “Cheater’s” Guacamole (veagn, GF) – Make in 5 minutes
8. Vegetable Fried Rice Frittata (vegetarian, GF)
9. Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, serve warm or cold) – Make in 5 minutes
10. Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries (easy to keep vegan)
11. Spinach & Artichoke Dip (vegan, GF, fat-free option, serve warm or cold) – Make in 5 minutes
13. Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – Make in 5 minutes
14. Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Pretzels (no-bake, vegan, GF) – Make in 5 minutes and one of the best things I made in 2012 on the work-reward scale and my husband begs for these
15. Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria – A great way to stretch a bottle of wine and serve a crowd
16. Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, No Sugar Added)
18. Rum Runner
24. Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies – Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Have a favorite easy-breezy warmer weather recipe that you’re looking forward to making?
Feel free to share links in the comments and have a happy, fun, and safe weekend.
Check back tomorrow for a giveaway!