Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip
Last weekend I made Motor City Coney Island (aka Cheesy Sloppy Joe) Dip in honor of Michigan going to the professional football playoffs. Sadly, my team didn’t make it to this round of the playoffs, but it gave me an excuse to try this Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip.
To gear up for this weekend’s round of playoffs, I made Georgia’s state dip. Better luck to you Atlanta.
I’m helping to promote McCormick’s 50 Dips for 50 States effort during the professional football playoffs. The McCormick kitchens were hard at work over the past six months creating a dip for every state. There’s a Maine Lobster and Spinach Dip, an Arizona Cheesy Chimichanga Dip, and 48 more. Be sure to find your state dip on their interactive map.
Georgia is the Peach Tree State so this dip is perfectly suited because it showcases peaches. If you are a little worried about trying to find fresh peaches in the dead of winter but I used a one pound bag of frozen peaches that I thawed, chopped, and it worked perfectly.
The peaches are mixed with onions, bacon, McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade, cola, pecans, and that lovely sweet-and-savory mixture tops tangy cream cheese.
There’s a little kick from the marinade and the cooling cream cheese perfectly balances it. There are so many flavors and textures in every bite.
The dip is easy, ready in about 30 minutes, has so much flavor, and is sure to be a hit at any party.
This weekend Atlanta and Wisconsin are playing and Sara made Wisconsin’s dip, a Brat and Beer Cheese Dip to go up against my Georgia-themed dip. In case you missed it in my previous post, we are participating in a dip “face-off”. Go check out her fabulous recipe here.
Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip
The peaches are mixed with onions, bacon, McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade, cola, pecans, and that lovely sweet-and-savory mixture tops tangy cream cheese. There are so many textures in every bite. The dip is easy, ready in about 30 minutes, has so much flavor, and is sure to be a hit at any party.
Yield: one 9-inch pie dish
Prep Time: about 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: about 25 to 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet Vidalia onion, diced small (about 1 cup)
- about 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Marinade
- 1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh peaches (about 3 to 4 peaches) or 1 pound bag frozen peaches that have been thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 reduced fat), softened
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bacon, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stir intermittently.
- Stir Marinade Mix, cola, and brown sugar into skillet. (Use caution because when you add the cola because mixture will bubble up and create a lot of steam and possibly smoke. If you have a sensitive smoke detector like I do, open a window before you add it.) Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and liquid volume has reduced by at least 50 percent; stir occasionally.
- Stir in peaches, pecans, and simmer until heated through; remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread cream cheese evenly in bottom of 9-inch pie dish. Top with peach mixture. Serve with assorted crackers or sliced French bread. Dip is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Adapted from McCormick
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Loaded Baked BLT Dip – The traditional flavors of a BLT sandwich turned into an easy, creamy, ultra cheesy dip with bacon in every bite! Everyone loves this dip! It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or tailgating!
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip – One of my favorite dips of all time! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy, perfect comfort food!
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in an easy dip that everyone loves!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip – The classic dip, topped with cheese!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor! And cheese!
Easy Jalapeño and Red Pepper Cheese Ball – Just spicy enough that the more you have, the more you want! A fast, easy, and foolproof hit!
Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – aka Queso Dip– Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip!! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese and baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Beef Queso Dip – Caramelized onions, ground beef, taco seasoning, and cheese in this fast and dip everyone loves! Great for game days, parties, holidays, and events!
Motor City Coney Island Dip (AKA Cheesy Sloppy Joe Dip) – Easy, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like sloppy Joes, minus the buns, and covered with cheese! Great for parties or game day events!
Post is brought to you by McCormick. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.