Grilled BLT Turkey Burgers
It’s summer and there’s no better time to fire up the grill and make burgers.
The easy, juicy turkey burgers are topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, are ready in 15 minutes, and are totally irresistible.
My family loves turkey and Butterball calls people like us Turketarians – people who believe that if you aren’t eating turkey, you’re missing out. Turkey is part of a healthy lifestyle so don’t save your turkey eating for just the holidays when you can have it year round.
I find that in many recipes you can substitute ground beef or ground chicken with ground turkey. I love this Easy 30-Minute Turkey Chili and I’ve made these P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps with ground turkey with fabulous results.
Turkey is protein-packed and lean which is great but can become a little dry if you’re not careful. In order to keep the burgers juicy and flavorful I add onion, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
The meat is very soft and moist and I chilled the patties for a few hours in the fridge before grilling to firm up a bit.
I have a helpful video to show you just how to make the burgers. I’ve tried the recipe with both fresh and frozen Butterball Ground Turkey and both work great.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, use an indoor grill pan or cook them in a skillet.
Put them on your Fourth of July and easy-breezy summer menu list. Your Turketarian friends and family will love these loaded burgers.
Ironically my family didn’t even know they were turkey and not beef burgers until I told them.
Grilled BLT Turkey Burgers
It's summer and there's no better time to fire up the grill and make burgers. The easy, juicy turkey burgers are topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, are ready in 15 minutes, and are totally irresistible. In order to keep the burgers juicy and flavorful I add onion, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. If you don't have an outdoor grill, use an indoor grill pan or cook them in a skillet. Put the burgers on your Fourth of July and summer menu list.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
- one pound fresh or frozen Butterball Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup finely minced white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 10 slices cooked bacon
- about 4 to 8 slices cheddar, American, or Swiss cheese (or your favorite), or to taste
- leafy lettuce, to taste (I used organic romaine)
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4 buns or rolls for serving, lightly toasted if desired
- ketchup, mustard, pickles, or favorite condiments, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (or preheat a grill pan or cast iron skillet indoors) and oil the grill grates.
- To a large bowl, add the turkey, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and stir to combine. Form 4 patties; they will be very soft. If necessary, put them in the fridge as necessary to chill and firm up a bit.
- Place patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until burgers are cooked through. In the last approximately 2 minutes of cooking, top each burger with about 3 slices bacon (Tip - Buy precooked bacon and simply microwave it for about 1 minute to cook), cheese, and close the grill lid so the cheese melts.
- After cheese has melted, place the burgers on buns, top with lettuce, tomato, condiments, and serve immediately. Burgers are best warm and fresh.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy 30-Minute Turkey Chili – Don’t have all day for chili to simmer? No problem! This easy hearty, healthy chili is ready in 30 minutes and it’s full of flavor! Perfect for busy weeknights!
Honey Garlic Meatballs – Juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce adds so much flaor! Perfect for parties, holidays, game days, and more! Everyone loves these easy meatballs!
Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables – Fast, easy, one pan recipe that’s full of flavor! Juicy sausage, lots of veggies, and a dusting of Parmesan cheese to finish it off!
Make sure to visit Butterball.com and on their social media for special savings, recipe ideas, and giveaways. Post is brought to you by Butterball. The recipe, images, video, text, and opinions expressed are my own.