BLT Grilled Turkey Burgers — JUICY turkey burgers topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomato!! EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for summer parties!! Healthier than beef and IRRESISTIBLE!!
Grilled Turkey Burger Recipe
It’s summer and there’s no better time to fire up the grill and make burgers. The easy, juicy turkey burgers are topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, are ready in 15 minutes, and are totally irresistible.
My family loves turkey and Butterball calls people like us Turketarians — people who believe that if you aren’t eating turkey, you’re missing out. Turkey is part of a healthy lifestyle, so don’t save your turkey eating for just the holidays when you can have it year round.
I find that in many recipes you can substitute ground beef or ground chicken with ground turkey. I love this Easy 30-Minute Turkey Chili and I’ve made these P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps with ground turkey with fabulous results.
Turkey is protein-packed and lean, which is great but can become a little dry if you’re not careful. In order to keep the burgers juicy and flavorful I add onion, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
The meat is very soft and moist and I chilled the patties for a few hours in the fridge before grilling to firm up a bit. I’ve tried the recipe with both fresh and frozen Butterball Ground Turkey and both work great.
Put them on your Fourth of July and easy-breezy summer menu list. Your Turketarian friends and family will love these loaded burgers. Ironically my family didn’t even know they were turkey and not beef burgers until I told them.
What’s in Grilled Turkey Burgers?
I kept these grilled turkey burgers as simple as possible. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Fresh or frozen Butterball Ground Turkey
- Yellow onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked bacon
- Sliced cheese
- Hamburger buns
How to Grill Turkey Burgers
Stir together the ground turkey, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Form four patties of equal size.
Grill the turkey burgers over medium-high heat until cooked through. In the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with a slice of cheese to melt.
Once the cheese is melted, assemble your BLT grilled turkey burgers.
How Long to Grill Turkey Burgers
The approximate turkey burger grill time for this recipe is 10 minutes, or roughly 5 minutes per side. Keep in mind that I used 1 pound of ground turkey, which makes four 1/4 pound turkey burgers.
Can I Prep Turkey Burgers in Advance?
Definitely! If you want to make grilled turkey burgers for a crowd, you can prep the burger patties in advance, keep them on a plate in the fridge, and grill them when you’re ready to serve.
Can I Freeze Turkey Burgers?
I’m sure you can. These grilled turkey burgers are made with finely minced onion, which may change texture once frozen. Otherwise, you should be fine to freeze either the raw or grilled turkey burgers.
Tips for Making Grilled Turkey Burgers
To make your burger prep even easier, buy precooked bacon and simply microwave it for about 1 minute to cook. This way you don’t have to fry raw bacon in a skillet, which can make a mess.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, use an indoor grill pan or cook these grilled turkey burgers in a skillet.
You don’t want to over cook your turkey burgers otherwise they’ll turn out tough and dry. You need to grill the turkey burgers until no longer pink in the center, and no further.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 pound Butterball Ground Turkey (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup finely minced white or yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 10 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices cheddar, American, or Swiss cheese (or your favorite), or to taste
- leafy lettuce, to taste (I used organic romaine)
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4 buns or rolls for serving, lightly toasted if desired
- ketchup, mustard, pickles, or favorite condiments, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (or preheat a grill pan or cast iron skillet indoors) and oil the grill grates.
- To a large bowl, add the turkey, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Form 4 patties; they will be very soft. If necessary, put them in the fridge as necessary to chill and firm up a bit.
- Place patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until burgers are cooked through.
- In the last approximately 2 minutes of cooking, top each burger with about 3 slices bacon (Tip – Buy precooked bacon and simply microwave it for about 1 minute to cook), cheese, and close the grill lid so the cheese melts.
- After cheese has melted, place the burgers on buns, top with lettuce, tomato, condiments, and serve immediately. Burgers are best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 928Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 2112mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 60g
More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Grilled Steak Kabobs — Juicy steak with sweet bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple for the PERFECT sweet-and-savory kabob!! You’ll want to fire up your grill for these! Fast, EASY, zero cleanup, and DELISH!!
Honey Barbecue Grilled Chicken — Tender, juicy, full of FLAVOR, and a great recipe to jazz up grilled bbq chicken. EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Grilled Honey Lemon Butter Salmon — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Wonderfully tender, so juicy, just melts in your mouth, and has FABULOUS flavor!!
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of FLAVOR from the sweet chili sauce!! EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
10-Minute Grilled Honey Barbecue Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
Grilled Spicy Garlic Chicken — An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! If you’re looking for a NEW marinade to jazz up grilled chicken, this is the one!!
Make sure to visit Butterball.com and on their social media for special savings, recipe ideas, and giveaways. Post is brought to you by Butterball. The recipe, images, video, text, and opinions expressed are my own.