5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
Chex mix is so addicting and once I start eating it, it’s so hard to stop. One handful turns into five. Whoops. And then I made another batch.
What makes this version even more dangerous is how fast and easy it is. No baking or slow cookers required.
I have recipes for Crock-Pot Maple Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix and Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola but they take longer to make. This version comes together in the microwave in 3 minutes.MY OTHER RECIPES
There’s some flexibility in the recipe depending on what you have on hand and enjoy. I used Honey Nut Chex and Wheat Chex. The Honey Nut stays crisper and is sweeter while the Wheat Chex turns chewier and nuttier.
I used honey-roasted peanuts, mini pretzels, candy corn, and orange-flavored dried cranberries. If you want to use a different type of nut, style of pretzel, substitute a different type of candy like M&Ms or chocolate chips, or another type of dried fruit, feel free. I haven’t tried using honey or maple syrup rather than corn syrup.
The mix is salty-and-sweet, crunchy, crispy, slightly chewy, and there are so many flavors and textures in every bite. The pumpkin spice flavor is present without being overwhelming, the honey-roasted peanuts add a nice touch, there are caramel undertones from the brown sugar, and the orange-flavored dried cranberries slightly perfume the mix.
My daughter’s favorite parts are the salty pretzels and the sweet candy corn. She’s a candy corn addict. Since there’s only 2 tablespoons of butter in the entire batch that’s permission to mindlessly snack until your heart’s content.
5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix
This mix comes together in the microwave in 3 minutes. There’s some flexibility in the recipe depending on what you have on hand and enjoy. If you want to use a different type of nut, style of pretzel, substitute a different type of candy, or another type of dried fruit, feel free. The mix is salty-and-sweet, crunchy, crispy, slightly chewy, and there are so many flavors and textures in every bite. The pumpkin spice flavor is present without being overwhelming, the honey-roasted peanuts add a nice touch, there are caramel undertones from the brown sugar, and the orange-flavored dried cranberries slightly perfume the mix.
- 2 cups Honey Nut Chex (other varieties of Chex may be substituted)
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts (peanuts or another nut may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup dried orange-flavored cranberries (dried cranberries or another dried fruit may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup candy corn (or try M&Ms, chocolate chips, etc.)
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the Honey Nut Chex, Wheat Chex, pretzels, peanuts, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a 2-cup glass measuring cup or a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice (looks like a lot but you need an ample amount to flavor the entire batch), salt, and stir to combine.
- Place measuring cup in the microwave and heat on high power until mixture is bubbly and boiling, about 30 seconds but watch it very closely because it can go fast.
- Evenly drizzle brown sugar mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place bowl in the microwave and heat on high power for 3 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir.
- After the mix has cooled for about 5 minutes, add the cranberries, candy corn, and stir to combine. Serve immediately. Mix will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Crock-Pot Maple Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix – Loaded with fall flavors and made in a Crock-Pot! Way too easy and totally irresistible!
Skinny 100-Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Mix (vegan, GF, no butter/oil) – 5 minutes to make, satisfying, and won’t derail your diet!
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix – Ready in 5 minutes and so many textures and flavors in every bite!
Big Clusters Maple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Granola (vegan, GF) – Easy homemade granola for a fraction of the cost of storebought! Learn the secrets to creating those highly coveted big clusters!
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola (vegan, GF) – Crunchy, easy, and packed with rich spices!
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts Trail Mix – Candied nuts like you get at the mall with trail mix add-ins. This stuff is dangerously good!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola (Whole Foods Copycat) – A copycat granola with PB&J flavors! You’re going to want way more than a handful!
Peanut Butter Nutella Pretzel and Peanut Snack Mix – Salty-and-sweet and if you you like peanut butter and Nutella, this is the snack for you!
Sweet with Heat Cinnamon Sugar Candied Nuts – Make shopping mall-style candied nuts any time you want! Just 30 minutes and these crunchy and very addictive nuts are all yours! Makes a great gift!
Cinnamon Sugar Candied Cashews (GF) – Make the fancy storebought kind at home! Salty-and-sweet, ready in 30 mins and so good!