Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip
This post may contain affiliate links.
Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon — Same great flavor as bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers, minus the work!! Creamy, CHEESY, loaded with bacon, and topped with CRISPY jalapeños! Fast, EASY, perfect for parties!!
Post is brought to you by French’s for the #RealFlavorsHaveCrunch holiday campaign. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #friendsiving #holidaywithfrenchs
Easy Jalapeño Cheese Dip
Bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers are one of those quintessential party appetizers that never go out of style. Rather than going to the work of hollowing out oodles of jalapeño peppers, meticulously filling them, and then wrapping them with bacon, I made a dip that takes advantage of jalapeño popper flavor minus the work.
This bacon jalapeno dip is incredibly fast and easy. I had it assembled in less than 5 minutes, which is great if you’re hosting an event or party and already have a million things to do. Even better, you can assemble it up to 24 hours in advance.
The creamy factor of the dip is out of control. Cream cheese, Greek yogurt, mayo, two kinds of cheese. Creamy, cheesy amazingness going on. I used light or reduced fat products wherever possible, including turkey bacon, and no one missed a thing.
There’s a wonderful crunchy topping to this dip because nothing complements creaminess better than crunchiness.
For the topping I used French’s Crispy Jalapeños. I literally was eating them straight from the package — they’re that good. They definitely pack some heat but I love spicy food and the more I have, the more I want. They’re salty, spicy, crunchy, light, made with real jalapeños, and they’re a fabulous crunchy topper for the dip.
French’s Crispy Fried Vegetables are a must-have savory and spicy addition to holiday meals. Maximize flavor and crunch in your holiday dishes with French’s Crispy Jalapeños. Whether you’re creating classic go-to dishes or adding a new item on the menu, French’s Crispy Fried Crispy Jalapeños will show that #RealFlavorsHaveCrunch.
The dip is perfect unique side dish or appetizer for Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, holiday entertaining, New Year’s Eve parties, Super Bowl, or game day parties.
You can never go wrong with bacon and cheese and the crispy toppers turn everyday dishes into something special. I can’t wait for this to make an appearance at my holiday parties.
What’s in Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon?
To make this creamy jalapeño dip with bacon, you’ll need:
- Cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Spices (ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper)
- Shredded cheese (I used Monterrey Jack and cheddar)
- Canned diced jalapeños
- Cooked bacon
- French’s Crispy Jalapeños
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Dip with Bacon
In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, yogurt, mayo and spices. Add the shredded cheeses, canned jalapeños and cooked bacon.
Turn the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.
Evenly sprinkle with French’s Crispy Jalapeños, more bacon, and optionally sprinkle with fresh jalapeño rounds. Bake until the edges are lightly bubbling and the top is as lightly golden browned as desired.
Can I Prep This Dip in Advance?
Yes! Once you turn the cheese mixture into the pie plate, top it with plastic wrap and chill until ready to bake. Just before baking, add the bacon and crispy jalapeños.
What to Serve with Bacon Jalapeño Dip
You can serve this dip with crackers, veggies, and more! Here are some of my favorite things to serve with this dip:
- Fresh bread slices
- Veggie sticks
- Bagel chips
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
Tips for Making Bacon Jalapeño Dip
Between the canned diced jalapeños in the dip, the French’s Crispy Jalapeños on top, and extra fresh jalapeño slices on top, there’s no shortage of bold jalapeño flavor. The dip is on the spicy side.
I used a hot variety of canned jalapeños but would recommend mild or even diced green chilis if you want to tone the heat factor down. Interestingly, straight out of the container the French’s Crispy Jalapeños seem spicier than after they’re baked and the flavor seemed to mellow a bit.
For even spicier dip, use Pepper Jack cheese instead of Monterrey Jack.
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used light)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat; sour cream may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular paprika may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (Pepper Jack may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend
- one 4-ounce can diced jalapeños, drained (I used hot)
- about 12 pieces bacon, cooked and diced; reserve 3 to 4 tablespoons for topping (use one .3-ounce box precooked microwaveable bacon to save time; I used turkey bacon)
- about 3/4 cup French’s Crispy Jalapeños, or to taste
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced into thin rounds; optional and to taste
- crackers, chips, bread, etc. for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 9-inch round glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, mayo, cumin, smoked paprika, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add the cheeses, jalapeños, bacon (reserve about 3 to 4 tablespoons for garnishing), and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into the prepared pie plate and smooth with a spatula. If you're making this ahead, stop now, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Evenly sprinkle with French's Crispy Jalapeños, the reserved bacon, and optionally sprinkle with jalapeño rounds.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are lightly bubbling and top is as lightly golden browned as desired.
- Serve immediately with crackers, chips, etc. Dip is best warm and fresh.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
More Easy Super Bowl Dips:
16 Cheesy Dips To Make Now – Fast, EASY, foolproof, and nothing compares to gooey, heavenly, melted CHEESE!! Perfect for holiday parties, game day parties, or your next cozy night on the couch!!
Loaded Baked BLT Dip — The traditional flavors of a BLT sandwich turned into an easy, creamy, ultra cheesy dip with bacon in every bite! Everyone loves this dip! It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or tailgating!
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip – One of my favorite dips of all time! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy, perfect comfort food!
Easy Pizza Dip – Cheese lovers and pizza fans will love this fast and easy dip!! Perfect party food that’s a guaranteed hit!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor! And cheese!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese and baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
The Best Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip This baked spinach and artichoke dip is rich, creamy, and it’s a crowd FAVORITE sure to disappear at parties!! It’s so cheesy thanks to both mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses! It’s just THE BEST!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.