Mexican Baked Cheesy Street Corn Dip
This post may contain affiliate links.
Mexican Baked Cheesy Street Corn Dip – A hot corn dip reminiscent of Mexican street corn!! Creamy, cheesy, spiked with lime juice, chili powder, and a serrano chile or jalapeno for a touch of heat! SO EASY and ready in 20 minutes!! Perfect for parties, potlucks, tailgating, or your next FIESTA!!
Mexican Cheese and Corn Dip Recipe
I am a huge fan of dips, especially cheesy ones. I don’t need an entree and can make a meal out of chips and dip. No shame.
This dip is so fast and easy to make. I can’t think of an easier dip to whip up. It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, and tailgating.
Almost no one can resist melted cheese with juicy corn in a creamy mixture spiked with lime juice, a serrano chile for just a touch of heat, chili powder, paprika, and garnished with fresh cilantro to amp up the Mexican-inspired flavors.
This recipe reminds me so much of Mexican street corn. Not corn on the cob known as Elote Asado, or grilled corn on the cob.
Rather, I’m talking about street corn in a plastic cup, with Mexican crema (similar to our sour cream) and mayo stirred in, topped with cotija cheese or simply referred to as queso, a squirt of lime juice, and seasoned with chile to taste.
It’s quintessential street food, eaten from a plastic cup with a plastic spoon. It tastes even better if you’ve had a few margaritas first.
Ingredients in Mexican Street Corn Dip
The ingredients are so easy and straight forward in this recipe. You’ll need:
- Canned corn (or frozen that you thaw and drain)
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Shredded cheese (I used white cheddar; if you happen to have cotija on hand, add it as a garnish)
- Serrano chile or jalapeno pepper
- Lime juice
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika or paprika
How To Make Hot Corn and Cheese Dip
Literally combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir, except the cilantro.
Turn the mixture out into a baking dish or pie plate, and bake for about twenty minutes, or until it’s bubbling gently and the cheese is as golden as desired.
I used a 3-quart rectangular baking dish although a 9-inch pie plate will work, or a similar-sized oven-safe casserole dish or baking dish that you have.
What Kind Of Corn To Use
I used two 15-ounce cans of corn that I drained and rinsed.
I’m sure frozen corn that you thaw and drain the water will be fine although I haven’t tested it.
I have a feeling fresh sweet corn cut straight off the cob would be a little too tough unless you first cooked it.
I bet this Grilled Mexican Corn would be amazing in this dip. The flavor of grilled corn is so magnificent, and then baked together with the cheese and creamy ingredients, it would be a fiesta-favorite indeed!
- two 15-ounce cans canned corn, drained and rinsed (frozen that you thaw and drain is okay or fresh corn that you first cook and cut off the ears is okay)
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used white cheddar; use your favorite Mexican shredded cheese blend)
- 1 serrano chile or jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced very small; or to taste (serrano is hotter than jalapeno)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro for garnishing, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 3-quart baking dish, 9-inch pie plate, or similar-sized oven-safe baking or casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the corn, crema, mayo, 2 cups of cheese, serrano or jalapeno (note that this dip is not hot nor spicy, rather the serrano or jalapeno just add a tiny touch of heat and flavor but use jalapeno if you're very heat sensitive or use half of one), lime juice, chili powder, paprika, pepper, and stir to combine. Turn mixture out into prepared baking dish.
- Evenly top with the remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, noting that if you don't like much color or browning on your cheese, start checking after 15 minutes. Keep a very close eye on it in the last 5 minutes of baking because the cheese will start browning at a very rapid rate. Mine was done and quite golden browned at 22 minutes. All cheeses melt and brown as different times and rates so watch your dip and not the clock.
- Evenly garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with tortilla chips. Dip is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
1. I have not made this recipe with any other options other than full-fat Mexican crema, although sour cream will be fine. I don't know about Greek yogurt and how it will taste,
2. I know some people are not fans of mayo however in this recipe there is no substitute for it. The recipe does not taste strongly of mayo at all. Most good creamy/cheesy dips do have some mayo in them because it just works so well.
3. I haven't made this dip in a slow cooker but if not having golden browned cheese is not an issue and just having melted cheese is fine, you could combine all ingredients in your slow cooker, cook it, and keep it on the lowest setting to keep the dip warm for a potluck or tailgating situation.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
Favorite Dip Recipes:
16 Cheesy Dips To Make Now – Fast, EASY, foolproof, and nothing compares to gooey, heavenly, melted CHEESE!! Perfect for holiday parties, game day parties, or your next cozy night on the couch!!
Hot Corn Dip – This easy corn dip recipe literally takes five minutes to stir together. It’s great for parties, football, and tailgating!
Grilled Mexican Corn (Elote) — Learn how to make this EASY and FLAVORFUL grilled Mexican street corn at home in minutes!! Fresh sweet corn is covered in crema, cheese, and finished with chili, lime juice, and cilantro!!
Creamy Corn and Zucchini Salad – A healthy EASY salad that’s ready in 15 minutes and so flavorful!! Corn, zucchini, cilantro, queso fresco and more are tossed in a DELISH creamy lime sauce!!
Baked Triple Cheese and Tortilla Chip Dip — This easy chip dip recipe is made with corn tortilla chips, salsa, and three types of cheese. It can be assembled in advance and baked just before guests arrive!
5-Minute Chili Cheese Dip – EASY, ready in 5 minutes, just 3 main ingredients, and made in the microwave!! The CHEESE is irresistible! The perfect game day or easy party appetizer that everyone LOVES!!
Cheesy Beef Taco Dip – EASY, ready in 15 minutes, and tastes like an awesome beef taco that’s extra CHEESY in dip form and so good!! The Bakeable Tortilla Bowls are so fun! PERFECT for game day parties and get-togethers!!
Spicy Chorizo Queso – No processed cheese in this EASY cheese dip that’s ready in 20 minutes!! Wonderfully spicy thanks to the chorizo! Great appetizer for holiday entertaining, parties, and game days!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.