Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna — This EASY lasagna comes together with just four simple ingredients, making it perfect for busy weeknights!! The whole family will LOVE this cheesy comfort food lasagna recipe!
Easy Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is a family favorite dinner recipe that never gets old!
This easy — and very cheesy! — lasagna is made with ravioli rather than traditional lasagna noodles.
Aside from the spin on the flavor that the ravioli adds, it’s a time-saver not to have to boil lasagna noodles. Simply pop open a bag of store-bought refrigerated ravioli and you’re ready to get this shortcut-style lasagna underway.
Ingredients in Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
For this easy four-ingredient — five if you count the garnish — lasagna made with ravioli, you will need the following items:
- Refrigerated ravioli
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil or parsley, for garnishing
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
This dish is so easy and quick and no chef skills are necessary!
In a large casserole dish, you simply add refrigerated ravioli, the sauce, cheese, and repeat.
Bake it off first covered, and then uncovered, before sprinkling with Parmesan and fresh basil or parsley. And as simple as that, dinner is served!
What Kind of Ravioli Should I Use?
You want to use refrigerated ravioli that you can find in your grocer’s refrigerated cases. Look for two big family-sized packages, usually 18 to 20 ounces each.
I used cheese ravioli to play up the cheesy theme, but most any variety will work including those with a meat filling.
What’s the Best Cheese for Lasagna?
The classic cheese options for lasagna are mozzarella for its wonderful melting and gooey qualities, coupled with Parmesan for the sharp flavor and the different and drier texture compared to mozzarella.
If you happen to have provolone, ricotta, pecorino, or Romano on hand, they would also be nice options as well.
I don’t recommend using the green can of shelf-stable Parmesan “cheese.” Save that one for another recipe.
How to Store Ravioli Lasagna
You can store the baked ravioli lasagna in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can the Lasagna Be Frozen?
Yes! This lasagna can be frozen as well. You have two options for freezing the lasagna:
- Prep it and pop it straight into the freezer. When you’re ready to bake, thaw it and allow it to come to room temp before baking.
- Prep, bake, and the freeze the baked lasagna, which is what I find easier because you can then slice it and store it in individual-sized portions. Thaw it on the counter before gently reheating and serving.
Regardless, use freezer-safe containers or ziptop bags with the air squeezed out.
What to Serve with Ravioli Lasagna
If you’re already making lasagna with ravioli, go ahead and keep the sides simple. Here are some suggestions:
- Apple Spinach Salad
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Herb-Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots
- Roasted Mixed Vegetables
- Balsamic Roasted Broccoli
Tips for Making Lazy Lasagna with Ravioli
Since the cheese is really the star of the show, don’t skimp on the cheese!
I also recommend baking just until it’s golden browned since cheese has so much more flavor at that point.
Use a trusted marinara sauce. There are so many variations in the store-bought options you can purchase today from varieties with basil or extra garlic. Select your favorite that you know has lots of flavor.
Pin This Recipe
- two 18-20 ounce family size packages of ravioli (from the refrigerated grocery case; any flavor I used cheese)
- one 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or parsley finely chopped, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish, 6-quart baking dish, or similar with cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour one-quarter of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Layer ravioli over the marinara sauce, about one-quarter or one-third of the total amount.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for 3 or 4 layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden browned and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with the chopped basil or parsley*.
- Lasagna will keep airtight for up to 1 week in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 2 months. If freezing, you can either prep and freeze immediately. Or, prep, bake, and freeze. In either option, allow frozen lasagna to thaw and come to room temp before baking it off or gently reheating it if you baked it before freezing it.
*Serving with garlic toasts or a side salad are serving suggestions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 945mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 13g
Favorite Cheesy Pasta Casserole Recipes:
Cheesy Beef and Pasta Casserole – Hearty comfort food that’s EASY and IRRESISTIBLE!! Cheesy pasta and beef coated in marinara sauce and topped with more CHEESE! Makes planned leftovers and is freezer-friendly!!
Pizza Pasta Casserole – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and for times when you want BOTH pizza AND pasta!! Ground beef, pepperoni, and oodles of cheese make this casserole pure COMFORT FOOD! Feeds a crowd!!
Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake — A hearty comfort food casserole that includes juicy chicken, pasta, marinara, the BEST crispy buttery breadcrumb topping and TWO types of cheese!! A family favorite big-batch recipe that’s also great for meal prepping!!
Cheesy Chicken Artichoke Pasta Bake — Imagine spinach and artichoke-flavored PASTA spiked with juicy chicken, red peppers, and TWO types of melted cheese!
Cheesy Tortellini Bake — Three-cheese tortellini are boiled before adding mascarpone cheese, pasta sauce, and the dish is topped with parmesan and mozzarella before baking to golden, bubbly perfection.
Three Cheese Baked Ziti – Mozzarella, fontina, and parmesan melted together are divine!! An easy, make-ahead meal that’s also freezer-friendly and so tasty!