Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna – This EASY lasagna comes together with just four simple ingredients making it perfect for busy weeknights!! The whole family will LOVE this cheesy comfort food lasagna recipe!
Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is a family favorite dinner recipe that never gets old!
This easy and very cheesy lasagna is made with ravioli rather than traditional lasagna noodles.
Aside from the spin on the flavor that the ravioli adds, it’s a time-saver not to have to boil lasagna noodles. Simply pop open a bag of store bought refrigerated ravioli and you’re ready to get this shortcut-style lasagna underway.
Ingredients In Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
For this easy four-ingredient, five if you count the garnish, you will need the following items:
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil or parsley, for garnishing
How To Make Ravioli Lasagna
This dish is so easy and quick and no chef skills are necessary!
In a large casserole dish, you simply add refrigerated ravioli, the sauce, cheese, and repeat.
Bake it off first covered, and then uncovered, before sprinkling with Parmesan and fresh basil or parsley. And as simple as that, dinner is served!
What Kind Of Ravioli To Use
You want to use refrigerated ravioli that you can find in your grocer’s refrigerated cases. Look for two big family-sized packages, usually 18 to 20 ounces each.
I used cheese ravioli to play up the cheesy theme, but most any variety will work including those with a meat filling.
The Best Cheese For Ravioli Lasagna
The classic cheese options for lasagna are mozzarella for its wonderful melting and gooey qualities coupled with Parmesan for the sharp flavor and the different and drier texture compared to mozzarella.
If you happen to have provolone, ricotta, pecorino, or Romano on hand, they would also be nice options as well.
I don’t recommend using the green can of shelf-stable Parmesan “cheese”. Save that one for another recipe.
How To Store and Freeze Ravioli Cheesy Lasagna
You can store the lasagna in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
This lasagna can be frozen as well – either prep it and pop it straight into the freezer. When you’re ready to bake, thaw it and allow it to come to room temp before baking.
Or you can prep, bake, and the freeze the baked lasagna which is what I find easier because you can then slice it and store it in individual-sized portions. Thaw it on the counter before gently reheating and serving.
Regardless, use freezer-safe containers or ziptop bags with the air squeezed out.
Tips For The Best Cheesy Ravioli Lasagna
Since the cheese is really the star of the show, don’t skimp on the cheese! I also recommend baking just until it’s golden browned since cheese has so much more flavor at that point.
Use a trusted marinara sauce. There are so many variations in the store bought options you can purchase today from varieties with basil or extra garlic. Select your favorite that you know has lots of flavor.
- two 18-20 ounce family size packages of ravioli (from the refrigerated grocery case; any flavor I used cheese)
- one 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil or parsley finely chopped, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish, 6-quart baking dish, or similar with cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour one-quarter of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Layer ravioli over the marinara sauce, about one-quarter or one-third of the total amount.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat for 3 or 4 layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until golden browned and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and evenly sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with the chopped basil or parsley*.
- Lasagna will keep airtight for up to 1 week in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 2 months. If freezing, you can either prep and freeze immediately. Or, prep, bake, and freeze. In either option, allow frozen lasagna to thaw and come to room temp before baking it off or gently reheating it if you baked it before freezing it.
*Serving with garlic toasts or a side salad are serving suggestions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 945mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 13g
Favorite Cheesy Pasta and Lasagna Recipes:
Healthier 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna – A fast, EASY, SKINNIER way to enjoy lasagna – in skillet form!! Comfort food without the guilt! Warm pasta and beef topped with tomato sauce and Parmesan is IRRESISTIBLE!!
Easy 30-Minute One-Skillet Lasagna – Everything cooks in one skillet and you don’t even need to boil the noodles separately!! Full of classic lasagna flavor but so much faster and easier! Now you can make lasagna on busy weeknights!!
Cheesy Beef and Pasta Casserole – Hearty comfort food that’s EASY and IRRESISTIBLE!! Cheesy pasta and beef coated in marinara sauce and topped with more CHEESE! Makes planned leftovers and is freezer-friendly!!
One Pot Italian Sausage and Tomato Basil Pasta – An EASY comfort food recipe that’s loaded with Italian flavors, ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE pot, and a family favorite!! No need to boil the pasta separately to save time and dishes!!
Pizza Pasta Casserole – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and for times when you want BOTH pizza AND pasta!! Ground beef, pepperoni, and oodles of cheese make this casserole pure COMFORT FOOD! Feeds a crowd!!
Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad – Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette!! A HEALTHY yet hearty salad that takes advantage of SUMMER!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.