Easy Mexican-Inspired Hummus
This post may contain affiliate links.
Hummus is such a great snack. Or if I’m being honest, hummus and crackers has been my dinner on many of those ‘too tired to cook’ nights.
It’s also a great appetizer to set out at parties. Everyone loves hummus and people seem to gravitate toward the hummus and chips.
I love Mexican food and flavors and made a Mexican-inspired version by adding pico de gallo, cilantro, plenty of olive oil, and it’s perfect with corn tortilla chips.
To make the hummus I used the new BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy which is available in the bean aisle. It’s the perfect blend of simple ingredients like tahini, olive oil, and spices. Just add a can of drained and rinsed BUSH’S® Garbanzo Beans and a pouch of Hummus Made Easy to a high-speed blender or food processor for delicious hummus. Pour, pouch, pulse and you’ve got perfect hummus in seconds.
I used BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy here. There’s also Roasted Red Pepper and Southwest Black Bean versions.
It’s so easy to get creative with your own twists on classic flavors. Try stirring in pesto and sprinkling with pine nuts for a zippy twist. Add dried fruit like cranberries, apricots, or figs with walnuts or almonds. Make a fall-themed version by adding pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Add sundried tomatoes and crumbled feta for Mediterranean hummus.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to hummus.
- 1 pouch BUSH’S® Classic Hummus Made Easy
- 1 16-ounce can BUSH’S® Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo, plus more for garnishing
- olive oil, for garnishing
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves (stems discarded), finely minced
- corn tortilla chips, crackers, vegetable sticks, etc., for serving
- Drain and rinse beans and add to food processor or high speed blender.
- Add contents of Classic Hummus Made Easy pouch. Blend to desired consistency.
- Stir in 1/4 cup pico de gallo and transfer hummus to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with olive oil, pico de gallo, cilantro, and serve immediately with tortilla chips, crackers, vegetables, etc. Hummus is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
Tropical Chickpea Salad – Pineapple, mango, pineapple salsa, and pico de gallo tossed with chickpeas for a salad that tastes like a tropical vacation! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, loaded with sweet-yet-savory flavor, and so healthy!
Kale Caesar Salad with Fried Chickpeas – A fresh spin on Caesar salad with an easy, whisk-together dressing loaded with bold flavor! You won’t miss croutons when you’ve got crispy, crunchy fried chickpeas that are insanely good!
D0-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
Post is brought to you by BUSH’S®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #HummusMadeEasy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BUSH’S BEANS. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.