Easy Mini Pot Pies
This post may contain affiliate links.
These are the easiest and fastest pot pies ever. With only three main ingredients.
They’re total comfort-food-in-a-hurry, the best kind.
My family inhaled the pot pies almost as fast as fast as I made them, but I pretended that I slaved over them.
You’ll need a muffin pan and just three ingredients: an 8-count tube of refrigerated biscuits, a can of condensed soup, and a frozen vegetable blend.
I used Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin’ Biscuits and I recommend a bigger biscuit like Grands. You want to make sure there’s enough biscuit to fully contain the filling.
To keep the pot pies vegetarian, I used cream of potato condensed soup, but cream of chicken would be the logical choice if you’re not. Or try cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or similar.
I used Trader Joe’s Organic Foursome Frozen Vegetables, a blend of green beans, peas, corn, and carrots. Use your favorite veggie blend or fresh if you have them.
Stir the veggies into the soup, smoosh the biscuits between your palms to create pancake-sized discs, place the discs in a muffin pan, add the filling, and bake.
Supremely easy but my family raved about the pot pies tasting like a million bucks. They didn’t miss the meat, but add cooked and diced chicken if you prefer.
They’re a great option for brunch, a quick weeknight dinner, and they’re portable which is handy. I tossed the leftovers into my daughter’s lunchbox.
The pot pies scream game-day food. I’ve already had requests to make them again for football parties.
- one 8-count tube refrigerated biscuits (about 16 ounces; I used Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin’ Biscuits
- one 10.5 ounce can cream-style condensed soup (cream of chicken or cream of potato/mushroom/celery to keep vegetarian )
- 2 cups frozen vegetable blend, thawed and drained (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Foursome Frozen Vegetables
- up to 1 cup cooked and diced chicken, optional (if using, reduce vegetables by about 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan with cooking spray or floured cooking spray; set aside.
- Open biscuits and flatten 1 biscuit between palms so it’s the size of an average pancake, about 5 inches in diameter.
- Place flattened biscuit in prepared pan, pressing it down firmly into base and around sides. Repeat with 7 remaining biscuits. Tip – Biscuits rise and puff in oven and I recommend staggering biscuits in pan since you’ll have 4 extra empty cavities; set pan aside.
- To a large bowl add the vegetables, soup, optional chicken, optional salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Before adding the filling, press biscuits down one more time firmly into pan. They have a tendency to spring up and you want the maximize amount of area for the filling.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup filling mixture into each biscuit, dividing it equally. Filling should be just slightly domed above top edge of biscuit.
- Bake for about 23 minutes or until edges of biscuits are very lightly golden brown and filling has set up some. Start watching closely at 18 minutes since all ovens and ingredients vary.
- Allow pot pies to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing and serving. They will shrink some as they cool. Pot pies are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days; reheat gently before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 788mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe — Wondering what to do with that leftover turkey from the holidays? Make this easy turkey pot pie recipe! It’s hearty, creamy, comforting, perfect for chilly weather, and EASY to make!
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy & only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
Immune-Boosting Vegetable Soup and Broth (vegan, GF) – Easy soup that’s healthy, nourishing, and keeps you healthy
Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) – Easy, cheesy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.