Easy Monkey Bread
This post may contain affiliate links.
The last time I made monkey bread was a yeasted pumpkin monkey bread for Cooking With Pumpkin.
It tastes amazing but takes awhile and it’s on the fussy side.
This monkey bread also tastes amazing, is ready from start to finish in about 45 minutes, and isn’t at all fussy. Anyone can make it.
No yeast, no waiting, no dough to roll, no mixer, and so easy. It’s perfect for your Easter celebration, a lazy weekend morning, your next brunch, or an easy weeknight dessert. Check out more Easy Weeknight Dinners and Desserts and for Easter inspiration, check out the Bisquick Hub Page.
I used Original Bisquick™ Mix to make the dough along with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
After stirring together the dough in literally 30 seconds, I formed dough mounds using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop. Scooping is much faster and less messy than using my hands.
After baking I drizzled the monkey bread with salted caramel.
Your family and friends are going to love this monkey bread. Who can resist tearing off soft, warm, fresh chunks of bread with a cinnamon-sugar coating and caramel sauce.
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups Original Bisquick™ Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, salted or unsalted (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup caramel or salted caramel sauce, optional for drizzling before serving (storebought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12-cup Bundt or fluted tube cake pan very well with cooking spray, floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan. Make sure to get all the nooks and crannies, including the center tube; set aside.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Coating – To a small bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, stir to combine; set aside.
- Dough – To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients (except the caramel sauce) and stir to combine. If necessary, add a tablespoon or two of extra Bisquick, or as necessary, so dough isn’t overly sticky.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop or your hands, form approximately 22 to 24 mounds of dough, roll each mound through the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place in prepared tube pan, filling it evenly. I used a 2-tablespoon scoop and made 22 mounds. After placing all mounds in pan, it looks very skimpy but the dough rises dramatically in the oven.
- Evenly sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar over dough; set aside.
- Sauce – In a 2-quart saucepan or similar, melt 1 cup butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar and heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over dough balls in pan.
- Bake for about 22 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the larger mounds of dough comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow monkey bread to cool in pan for about 10 minutes on top of a wire rack.
- Place a large plate over the top of tube pan and invert to remove monkey bread from pan.
- Optionally, evenly drizzle with caramel sauce prior to serving. Monkey bread is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Bisquick
Salted Caramel Sticky Buns – The easiest stickiest buns ever & ready in 30 minutes! Drenched in salted caramel for maximum sticky-ness!
Cinnamon-Sugar Crust Cinnamon-Ribbon Bread – Even picky eaters who want the crust cut off will go nuts for this sweet, slightly crunchy crust. The interior is so soft and fluffy!
One-Hour Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting – Make soft, light, fluffy cinnamon rolls from scratch in 1 hour!
One-Hour Chocolate and Cinnamon-Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites (vegan) – Make your own soft and chewy pretzel bites in an hour! You won’t believe how easy it is!
Overnight Buttermilk Soft and Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls – For soft, fluffy, pillowy, perfect cinnamon rolls, it’s the best recipe I’ve tried and my go-to! A reader favorite, too!
The Best Glazed Orange Sweet Rolls – The softest, lightest, and most irresistible rolls ever! Try them and you’ll be a believer, too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
Post is brought to you by Bisquick. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #GetYourBettyOn Check out the Bisquick Hub Page for more recipe inspiration.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.