Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondies with Brown Sugar Frosting – EASY, chewy, super SOFT blondies infused with espresso and chocolate!! ENJOY your espresso in dessert form from now on! The brown sugar frosting is simply AMAZING!!
I have 40+ different blondies recipes on my site but none that have been infused with espresso. It was only a matter of time my friends.
I got the idea from the Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread I recently made. Since I literally hoarded and savored every last slice of that banana bread, I knew I had to recreate it again and did so by way of blondies.
I used my fast, easy, one-bowl, no-mixer blondie recipe that never lets me down and simply added instant espresso granules to the batter. I buy the espresso at my regular grocery store and use it often in chocolate cake and brownies because it enhances the flavor of chocolate.
It infuses the blondies with a lovely coffee flavor. It’s present without being overpowering or too intense. Sometimes coffee-based desserts can be too intense for me but the blondies aren’t like that. I don’t want to feel like I’m truly eating coffee if that makes sense.
The chocolate chips that are studded throughout are a wonderful addition. I think coffee and chocolate were made for each other because they each one enhances and complements the other.
I finished the blondies with a boiled frosting which is the same one I used in Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread. How I love boiled frosting. It only takes 3 minutes to make and really elevates the blondies to the next level. You’re going to fall in love with it.
The blondies are dense, chewy, super soft, extremely moist, and loaded with layers of flavor.
Sinking your teeth into one of these espresso-infused babies is just so extremely satisfying. If you don’t devour the pan on the first day, the flavors marry and meld as time passes and I think they they taste even better on days 2 and 3.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used a combo of mini and regular sized chips)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- Blondies – Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, espresso, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, chocolate chips, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary. Bake for about 19 to 22 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Blondies firm up as they cool. A toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting – To a small saucepan, add the butter and heat over medium-high heat to melt.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, optional salt, and whisk to combine until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow mixture to simmer very gently for 3 minutes; it should be very gently bubbling with a dimpled appearance, no need to stir it. Allow the glaze to cool to a warm temperature in the pan for about 5 minutes before evenly drizzling it over the blondies.
- Allow frosting to set up fully before slicing and serving, about 1 hour. Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 3g
Caramel Macchiato Banana Bread – Banana bread that tastes like a caramel macchiato!! Soft, tender, infused with salted caramel and topped with a brown sugar glaze!! Easy and irresistible!
Vanilla Bean Caramel Blondies – Soft, chewy, buttery blondies topped with the most amazing vanilla bean caramel glaze! So good that you’ll want to put it on everything! Easy, no mixer recipe!
Fudgy Banana Bars with Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze – The banana equivalent of moist, fudgy brownies! Best use EVER of ripe bananas!
Banana Bread Bars with Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze – Banana bread in bar form with a glaze that soaks in and is just so.darn.good!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies – Super soft, slightly chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, and the browned butter takes them to the next level! Fast, easy, no-mixer recipe that you have to try!