FUNFETTI®-Inspired Cookie Dough Balls
This post may contain affiliate links.
There are times when I don’t even need to bake cookie dough into cookies.
I’m perfectly content with the raw dough.
The sweet, rich, sprinkle-filled dough satisfies cookie dough cravings, and it’s safe to eat raw. No eggs.
Over my lifetime I’ve eaten my weight in raw dough and batter, but many people get pretty freaked out about raw eggs. Thankfully this recipe is freakout-free.
The cookie dough balls are fast and easy to make, and perfect for when you just need a quick treat. You can whip a batch up in less than 10 minutes.
Maybe they’re a little too fast and easy, but thankfully the recipe just makes a baker’s dozen and they’ll keep for months in the fridge or freezer.
The dough balls taste just like real Funfetti cookie dough. There’s plenty of sprinkles and just the right amount of white chocolate chips for flavor, but not so many that they’ll fall out. I tend to overload my dough.
Baking soda is added for flavor authenticity rather than for structural results. I wouldn’t bake the dough because I suspect the cookies would spread since there’s no egg to lend structure, a high ratio of granulated sugar, and not enough baking soda. For a sure thing, make these Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies.
I made the cookie dough balls in honor of my friend Sally and her upcoming wedding. Some friends and I are throwing her an online bridal shower today and everyone is posting recipes with sprinkles. Sprinkles are Sally’s kryptonite and I think she has more recipes with sprinkles and Funfetti than anyone else.
I’ve known Sally since the early days of both of our blogs. I remember getting about 10 comments from this unknown girl named Sally in 2011 and finally went to her site to check it out and left her a comment. She later told me that my comment was the first comment she ever received on her blog.
Over the years, Sally and I have exchanged no less than about ten thousand emails on everything from recipe successes and failures to cookbook writing trials and tribulations to where we’re going on vacation next. I’m so happy for her that she’s marrying the love of her life in just a few short months. I wish her and Kevin nothing but love, happiness, and good fortune.
And may there continue to be lots of sprinkles in their life.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (not teaspoon)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream, only if necessary for dough consistency
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds. If your dough seems dry or crumbly, add milk or cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together. Conversely, if your dough seems too wet, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough comes together.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop or your hands, form approximately 13 equal-sized mounds of dough and roll into balls. Serve immediately. Cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 month, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Healthy Fudgy Brownie Bites – (vegan, GF)
Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls – One of the top 5 most popular recipes on my site, every year since 2009
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mocha Powerballs – (vegan, GF)
Stop by these blogs participating in the shower to see other great treats and a whole lot of sprinkles!
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake from Lauren’s Latest
Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies from Diethood
Cake Batter Popcorn from I Heart Naptime
Confetti Cookie Milkshake from Bake Your Day
Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls from Oh, Sweet Basil
Frosted Sugar Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Peanut Butter Filled Doughnuts from Crazy For Crust
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Shirley Temple from Damn Delicious
Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies from Cooking Classy
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Messy Baker
Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Handle the Heat
Vanilla Banana Muffins from Love From the Oven
Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
Frosting Filled Deep Dish Cake Batter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.