Holiday Seven Layer Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Holiday Seven Layer Bars – Soft, ultra chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles, and more!! A FAST and EASY holiday recipe that’s great for hostess gifts or cookie exchanges!!
I’ve made so many versions of Seven Layer Bars but I had never made a holiday version until now. What was I waiting for because these are so good.
What Do The Bars Taste Like
They’re soft, ultra chewy, and are loaded with texture from the crust that I made with a new-to-me product called Softer Than Brittle. And there are chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and sprinkles.
If you like desserts that you can sink your teeth into, you’ll love these Christmas-inspired Seven Layer Bars which are sometimes called Hello Dolly Bars or Magic Bars.
They’re naturally egg-free so if you’re in need of a holiday dessert recipe that fits that bill, keep this one in mind.
The bars make a fast and easy hostess gift and are also great for holiday cookie exchanges because they stay soft and fresh for days.
Making The Crust
Rather than using a traditional graham cracker crumb and butter crust, I used Cashew Softer Than Brittle that I ground into fine crumbs in my high-speed blender and mixed the crumbs with butter.
Softer Than Brittle is loaded with delicious cashews with a peanut base. Softer Than Brittle is hand-crafted using a unique 60 year old family recipe that creates a soft and flaky better-for-you treat that you can enjoy as a snack. There is no dairy, gluten, cholesterol, preservatives, or hydrogenated oil.
This gourmet, vegan peanut snack is made in small batches in a copper kettle and contains no preservatives, cholesterol, gluten, dairy, or hydrogenated oil. The product features a clean label with only six or seven natural ingredients. There are other flavors including Peanut, Almond, Pecan and all are vegan.
Since I’m a major fan of toffee, brittle, and anything of the sort, these better-for-me treats are a welcome addition to my pantry and being that they are definitely softer than toffee or traditional brittle, my teeth are thanking me too.
What Are The Seven Layers
Cashew Softer Than Brittle mixed with butter (1 and 2), topped with chocolate chips (3), white chocolate chips (4), sweetened shredded coconut (5), sweetened condensed milk (6), and sprinkles (7).
If you want to add chopped walnuts or pecans, they would work well and would give you 8 layers.
If you are looking for a recipe that incorporates dried cranberries and is also festive for the holiday season, check out these Cranberry Bliss Seven Layer Bars.
After making these my daughter proceeded to eat her fair share, exclaiming that these are “definitely a 10 out of 10”.
Favorite Holiday Recipes:
- 25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
- 12 Easy No-Bake Holiday Desserts – No time to bake? Here are 12 FAST and EASY no-bake recipes! Whether you want chocolate, peanut butter, cheesecake, bark, or truffles, these recipes have you covered!
- Crustless Cranberry Pie – FAST, super EASY, no-mixer dessert that’s perfect for holiday entertaining!! Somewhere in between pie, cake, and blondies is what you get with this FESTIVE recipe! Take advantage of those fresh cranberries!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks – EASY, NO-BAKE treats that are a holiday favorite!! They have it all: Salty, sweet, crunchy, and gooey with chocolate and peanut butter! Great for cookie exchanges or impromptu parties!!
- Melt In Your Mouth Toffee – Irresistible, buttery, ADDICTIVE, and just melts in your mouth!! EASY and perfect for holiday parties, gift-giving, or cookie exchanges!!
- one 5.5-ounce bag Cashew Softer Than Brittle, ground into fine crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (I use unsalted, but salted tames some of the sweetness)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes, measured loosely and not packed
- about two-thirds can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk (eyeball it)
- holiday sprinkles, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To the canister of a high-speed blender or food processor, add the Softer Than Brittle, and process on high speed until you have fine crumbs, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer the crumbs to a medium bowl; set aside.
- To a small, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the butter to the crumbs, add the flour, and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan, forming an even, smooth, flat crust layer by smoothing the mixture into place with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle with the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and coconut (in that order).
- Evenly drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around edges and the center is mostly set. Keep an extremely close eye on bars in the final minutes of baking because coconut can go from raw-looking to burnt in one minute. I’ve baked the bars in different ovens and have baked for as long as 27 minutes and as short as 20 minutes; watch your bars and not the clock.
- Place pan on a wire rack, evenly sprinkle with the sprinkles, and allow bars to cool in pan for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars firm up as they cool. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Seven Layer Bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
12 Easy No-Bake Holiday Desserts – No time to bake? Here are 12 FAST and EASY no-bake recipes! Whether you want chocolate, peanut butter, cheesecake, bark, or truffles, these recipes have you covered!
Cranberry Bliss Seven Layer Bars – A marriage of the famous Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars with Seven Layer Bars! White chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and so good! Fast and super easy!
Seven Layer Bars – The classic bars everyone loves but with Rolos! Caramel just makes everything better! Fast, easy, and always a hit!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Magic Bars – The classic recipe made even better with a chocolate chip cookie crust!! One bowl, no mixer, fast and easy! Soft, chewy, gooey and SO GOOD!!
Magic Eight Bars – The classic, made with an extra layer!
Post is brought to you by Softer Than Brittle. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.