Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links.
Sugar cookies are such a classic holiday treat.
But sometimes around the holidays I’m so busy I don’t even have time to bake cookies. Enter a pan of bars.
I love making bars because they’re faster and easier than cookies, there’s no dough to chill, and no need to form individual cookies with a cookie scoop. Just press the dough into a pan, bake, and you’re set.
To make this recipe even easier, I used a box of Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix that I doctored up with sprinkles. Use flat sprinkles (jimmies) because they’re nice and soft.
The bars are buttery soft in the middle with a bit of chewiness around the edges and have nice texture from the baked-in sprinkles.
After baking I frosted the bars with cream cheese frosting. Everything is better with cream cheese frosting. And more sprinkles.
You can cheat and use a tub of storebought cream cheese frosting if you’re extra pressed for time.
Aren’t we all around the holidays.
- one package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup red, green, and white holiday flat sprinkles (jimmies)
- one tub storebought whipped cream cheese frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles (jimmies or your favorite)
- Bars – Heat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl aedd the packet of cookie mix, butter, egg, and mix or stir to combine.
- For the full recipe, visit Krusteaz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&M’s and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!
Soft Frosted Holiday Sprinkles Cookies – Tender, buttery cookies topped with cream cheese frosting and loaded with sprinkles! Easy, no-roll holiday cookies that everyone goes crazy for!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.