Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links.
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting — Sugar cookies in bar form with SPRINKLES baked in and on top!! So much faster than making cookies and a great holiday baking SHORTCUT!!
Easy Christmas Cookie Bars
Sugar cookies are such a classic holiday treat. But sometimes around the holidays I’m so busy I don’t even have time to bake cookies. Enter: a pan of Christmas cookie bars.
I love making bars because they’re faster and easier than cookies, there’s no dough to chill, and no need to form individual cookies with a cookie scoop. Just press the dough into a pan, bake, and you’re set.
To make this recipe even easier, I used a box of Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix that I doctored up with sprinkles.
The Christmas sugar cookie bars are buttery soft in the middle with a bit of chewiness around the edges and have nice texture from the baked-in sprinkles.
After baking, I frosted the bars with cream cheese frosting. Everything is better with cream cheese frosting. And more sprinkles.
What’s in Sugar Cookie Bars?
To make these easy bar cookies, you’ll need:
- Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- Holiday sprinkles
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Sugar Cookie Bars
Stir together the cookie mix, egg, and butter. Gently fold in the sprinkles. Turn the dough into a greased 8×8-inch pan. Bake until center is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Once the Christmas cookie bars have cooled completely, whip up the cream cheese frosting and spread over top. Top with additional sprinkles!
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes! Simply double the ingredients and bake in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Can I Freeze These Bars?
Yes, but wait to frost them until AFTER they’ve been thawed.
Tips for Making Christmas Cookie Bars
Use flat sprinkles (jimmies) because they’re nice and soft.
You can cheat and use a tub of store- bought cream cheese frosting if you’re extra pressed for time. Aren’t we all around the holidays?
Want to make these for another holiday? Switch out the red and green sprinkles for another color combo!
- one package Krusteaz Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup red, green, and white holiday flat sprinkles (jimmies)
Frosting* (See Notes)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles (jimmies or your favorite)
- Heat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl aedd the packet of cookie mix, butter, egg, and mix or stir to combine.
- Add the sprinkles and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until done. Cool completely before frosting
- Frosting - To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, and beat on high to combine.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat to incorporate.
- Evenly spread the frosting over the cooled bars.
- Evenly sprinkle the sprinkles over the top and serve. Bars will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*Frosting: You can also use one tub storebought whipped cream cheese frosting instead.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 2g
More Easy Bar Cookies:
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars — Stuffed to the max with M&M’s and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Tagalong Cookie Bars — Say hello to year-round Girl Scout cookie season with these delish bars! All the flavors of the classic cookies in easy bar form!!
Fudgy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars — Chewy oatmeal cookie bars with a thick layer of fudge in the middle! Whoa, hello chocolate overload!!
Snickerdoodle Bars — These soft and chewy bars taste just like snickerdoodle cookies minus the work of dragging out your mixer to cream ingredients, chilling dough, or making individual cookies.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.