I love cheese. There’s not a kind I don’t like. Blue, brie, cheddar, gouda, gorgonzola, goat, mozzarella, parmesan, pecorino, swiss, and more. I’m a fan of it all.
I’m also a huge fan of appetizers-as-my-dinner and when there’s cheese involved I have no willpower.
And it’s a huge bonus if it’s easy, no-bake, and can be made in advance.
These layered cheese slices are as easy as it gets. There’s a layer of doctored up cream cheese with a dash of hot sauce, chopped Fisher Pecan Halves, and dried cranberries in between cheddar slices. The hot sauce adds flavor but doesn’t make it spicy while the pecans and berries add crunch and chewiness.
Fisher Nuts is the only national brand of recipe nuts entirely without preservatives making them an excellent choice for heart health. National Heath Health Month runs from January 18 to February 26. Check out these Fisher recipes created by celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
Everyone loves this goofproof recipe that’s eye-catching and it’s perfect for parties or game days.
Pin This Recipe
- one 8-ounce package old-fashioned brick-style cream cheese, very well softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste (i.e. Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- heaping 1/4 cup Fisher Pecan Halves, finely chopped
- heaping 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- two 8-ounce packages deli-style sharp cheddar cheese slices (about 3 inches square; I prefer sharp or extra-sharp cheddar)
- assorted crackers, for serving
- To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the pecans, cranberries, and stir to combine.
- On a 12-inch square of aluminum foil, place two slices of cheese side by side. Spread with about 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture, leaving a bare 1/8-inch margin.
- Top with two cheese slices.
- Repeat layering process 4 or 5 times, or until cream cheese mixture has been used. (You’ll have a few slices of cheese remaining that can be saved for another use.)
- Fold foil around cheese and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before slicing, peel back the foil, cut in half lengthwise and then widthwise into 1/4-inch slices (approximately 24 slices). Serve with crackers. Extra slices will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance of an event.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Easy Jalapeño and Red Pepper Cheese Ball – Just spicy enough that the more you have, the more you want! A fast, easy, and foolproof hit!
Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip – One of my favorite dips! Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food!
Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat!
Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip – Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip that everyone loves!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection!
Hot Cheesy Corn Dip – Two kinds of cheese, corn and green chiles make for an irresistible dip! Easy comfort food that’ll be devoured!
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) – The classic dip, topped with cheese because cheese makes everything better!
Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, fat free, serve warm or cold) – A five-minute dip to toss together and full of texture from the corn and peppers!
Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip – A no-bake, easy dip that’s packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip and you get to eat the bowl!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor and cheese!
The Best Baked Brie with Balsamic Cherries – Only 3 ingredients & ready in 15 minutes! So easy and it really is the best!
Post is brought to you by Fisher Nuts. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #fisherunshelled
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.