Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars
These bars are famous. Well maybe not these exact bars but the original recipe is.
The original recipe has been Pinned over 1 million times and appeared on the cover of Taste of Home Magazine just over one year ago.
I made the original recipe on a whim because I was moving and had a half package of both Oreos and M&Ms open, didn’t want to move them, didn’t want to toss them, made the bars, and the rest is history.
The recipe is a spinoff on my trusty blondie base. When I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s my go-to. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 cup flour. For this version there’s Oreos and M&M’s added.
I was on the hunt for red or green-filled seasonal Oreos but was just a bit too early when I made the bars a few weeks back. I think mint M&Ms or mint Oreos would be a great touch.
The bars are loaded with goodies in every bite.
Crunchy Oreos and crisp M&M’s are a great texture contrast to the soft, buttery bars.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars
An easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe everyone will love and it’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 cup flour. For this version there’s Oreos and M&M’s added. Mint M&Ms or mint Oreos would be a great touch. The bars are loaded with goodies in every bite. Crunchy Oreos and crisp M&M’s are a great texture contrast to the soft, buttery bars.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 18 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup M&M’s (I used Dark Chocolate Red and Green M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the Oreos and stir to combine.
- Add the M&M’s and stir to combine.
- Turn the batter out into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula and pushing it into the corners. Tip – Strategically place a few Oreos and M&M’s on top for visual appeal.
- Bake for about 18 to 21 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Bars firm up as they cool. A toothpick test is a bit tricky because there aren’t many bare batches, but if you hit a patch of just dough, the toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit at parties!
M&M’S Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Soft buttery bars loaded with M&M’S and chocolate chips are a guaranteed hit! Fast, easy, foolproof, no mixer recipe that’s so much simpler than making cookies!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter is use 3 different ways! Peanut butter lovers will go nuts for these!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – You can never have enough peanut butter and this easy cookie pie is always a hit! Loaded with M&M’s and peanut butter cups!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – People go nuts for these soft, buttery, slightly chewy cookies loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips!
The Best Soft and Chewy M&M’S Cookies – Big, bakery-style cookies you can make at home that are BETTER than the bakery’s! An easy recipe for the classic cookies everyone loves!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!