Snickerdoodle Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Snickerdoodle bars are so much FASTER AND EASIER than making snickerdoodle cookies!! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in the holiday spirit!!
Fast And Easy
I absolutely love snickerdoodle cookies and my recipe for them is a reader favorite, but if you’re in need of something that’s even faster and easier than making cookies, these frosted snickerdoodle cookie bars are the perfect thing.
They’re soft and chewy with just the right amount of cinnamon-and-sugar for that classic snickerdoodle flavor.
The bars are as easy as using a box of Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie mix and I spiked the dough with extra cinnamon plus there is a handy cinnamon-and-sugar packet included in the box which is so convenient.
The bars are perfect for holiday parties and events because they are such a cinch to make.
All the Krusteaz products make baking a breeze and their Snickerdoodle Cookie mix is no exception.
Cream Cheese Frosting For The Win
The cream cheese frosting is a lovely complement to slight tanginess of the snickerdoodle bars.
You can even cheat and use a tub of store bought cream cheese frosting if you’re pressed for time. No one will know.
Everything is better with sprinkles and seeing all those red and green sprinkles will automatically put everyone in the holiday spirit.
As a baking tip, you can swap out the red and green sprinkles for pastel ones in the spring for Easter or with red, white, and blue ones for the Fourth of July. Flexible and versatile recipes are always the keepers.
Here’s a video demonstrating how I make the snickerdoodle cookie bars.
Favorite Holiday Recipes:
- 25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
- 12 Easy No-Bake Holiday Desserts – No time to bake? Here are 12 fast and easy no-bake recipes! Whether you want chocolate, peanut butter, cheesecake, bark, or truffles, these recipes have you covered!
- Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles baked in and on top! So much faster than making cookies and a great holiday baking shortcut!
- Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread bars are so much faster and easier than making gingerbread cookies! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in a festive mood!
Pin This Recipe
Snickerdoodle Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Snickerdoodle Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting - Snickerdoodle bars are so much FASTER AND EASIER than making snickerdoodle cookies!! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in the holiday spirit!!
- one package Krusteaz Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 Krusteaz Cinnamon-and-Sugar packet
- one 14-ounce tub store bought whipped cream cheese frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles
- Bars – Heat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add all the cookie mix, egg, butter, cinnamon, and mix with a handheld electric mixer until combined; dough is dense and stiff.
- Turn dough out into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula as necessary.
- Evenly sprinkle the cinnamon-and-sugar over the top and bake for about 23 to 25 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire rack before frosting.
- Frosting – To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Turn frosting out over the bars and evenly sprinkle with sprinkles before serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week. I am comfortable storing frosted items at room temp but if you're not, store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 64gProtein: 1g
25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
12 Easy No-Bake Holiday Desserts – No time to bake? Here are 12 FAST and EASY no-bake recipes! Whether you want chocolate, peanut butter, cheesecake, bark, or truffles, these recipes have you covered!
Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread bars are so much faster and easier than making gingerbread cookies! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in a festive mood!
Holiday Seven Layer Bars – Soft, ultra chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles, and more! A fast and easy holiday recipe that’s great for hostess gifts or cookie exchanges!
White Chocolate Holiday Fudge – This EASY foolproof fudge recipe is perfect for Christmas and holiday parties!! A double dose of white chocolate with an Oreo Cookie crust for the WIN!!
Cranberry Bliss Seven Layer Bars – A marriage of the famous Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars with Seven Layer Bars! White chocolate, cranberries, coconut, and so good! Fast and super easy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Stacks – Easy, no-bake treats that are a holiday favorite! They have it all: Salty, sweet, crunchy, and gooey with chocolate and peanut butter! Great for cookie exchanges or impromptu parties!!
Loaded Christmas Bark – This easy, no-bake chocolate bark is loaded with goodies! Oreos, M&M’s, peanuts, pretzels, and sprinkles! Great for holiday parties and cookie exchanges! Salty, sweet, and addictively good!
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&M’s and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!
Softbatch No-Roll Holiday Sprinkles Cookies – No-roll dough with sprinkles baked in so you don’t have to decorate cookies! Big timesavers! Everyone loves these soft, buttery cookies loaded with sprinkles!
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles baked in and on top! So much faster than making cookies and a great holiday baking shortcut!
Post is brought to you by Krusteaz. The recipe, images, text, video, and opinions expressed are my own.
I made your Snickerdoodle Bars, but didn’t frost them. I used colored sugar on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture and they looked festive. They were so good!
Thanks for the 5 star review and glad they turned out so well! The colored sugar idea sounds like a great holiday idea!
These look so festive! I love how quickly I can make a pan for a last minute holiday treat. Love it!
Exactly! So fast and festive!
Good idea I love it and I think I will replicate your recipe but without cookie mix I do it myself. Your pictures are also beautiful, very good job ! Sorry my english is very bad i am a frenchblogger :) :)
Your English is perfect and thanks for the compliments on my photography!
Your holiday recipes all look so amazing and these do too! Bars are so convenient and cream cheese frosting sounds perfect!
The cream cheese frosting was absolutely perfect for these. Have a wonderful weekend!