Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links.
Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Gingerbread bars are so much FASTER AND EASIER than making gingerbread cookies!! The sprinkles and tangy cream cheese frosting will put everyone in a festive mood!!
I absolutely love the flavor of gingerbread but I generally don’t take the time to make gingerbread cut-out cookies. Too much work.
Enter these easy gingerbread bars that are loaded with rich, holiday-inspired flavor and topped with tangy cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
The bars are as easy as using one box of Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie mix that I doctored up with extra cinnamon and molasses. I could pretty much drink molasses if the truth be told.
The bars are perfect for holiday parties and events because they are such a cinch to make. All the Krusteaz products make baking easy and the gingerbread mix is no exception.
The cream cheese frosting is a wonderful complement to the spicy-sweet gingerbread. You can cheat and use a tub of storebought cream cheese frosting if you’re pressed for time.
Seeing the red and green sprinkles will automatically put everyone in a festive holiday mood. And wait until they taste these bars that are soft yet chewy which is the best. Crunchy gingerbread need not apply in my house.
I gave half the batch to my daughter’s teacher and she sent home the most glowing handwritten thank you note with such high praise and said how amazing the bars were. I’m not above buttering up the teacher.
The bars remind me of the gingerbread counterpart to these Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting which were a huge viral hit last holiday season.
This video shows exactly how to make the bars.
- one package Krusteaz Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
- one 14-ounce tub storebought whipped cream cheese frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- about 3 to 4 tablespoons red, green, and white holiday sprinkles
- Bars – Heat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add all ingredients and mix with a handheld electric mixer until combined.
- Turn dough out into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula as necessary. Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Allow bars to cool completely in pan on a wire rack before frosting.
- Frosting - To a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- For the full recipe visit Krusteaz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 0gSugar: 52gProtein: 2g
Iced Gingerbread Bars – Soft, chewy bars that are full of rich gingery molasses flavor! Way faster and easier than rolling out gingerbread cookies! No mixer, no fuss, and the sweet icing seals the deal!
Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Molasses Chocolate Chip Bars – Rich, chocolaty, and like eating a piece of molasses fudge!
Soft and Chewy Molasses Gingerdoodles – 3 favorites combined! Soft molasses cookies, chewy gingerbread and crinkly snickerdoodles! So good!!
Molasses Triple Chocolate Cookies – Chocolate is used three times for a fun twist on the traditional. No mixer required!
Soft and Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes with Ginger Molasses Maple Syrup – Pancakes that taste like gingerbread cookies!
Post is brought to you by Krusteaz. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.