Mini Easter Cheesecake Bites — These cute little cheesecakes are perfect for Easter! Creamy cheesecake filling sits atop a shortbread crust and is topped with a cheesecake pudding whipped cream, coconut, and mini chocolate eggs!
Cute Easter Egg Cheesecakes Bites
It will be hard to resist these adorable mini cheesecakes! After all, mini food always tastes that much better and is much more tempting.
A buttery shortbread crust forms the base of the Easter-themed mini cheesecakes. It’s topped with a sweetened cream cheese mixture before baking.
Afterward, whipped cream is mixed with cheesecake-flavored dry instant pudding mix. It adds such lusciousness to these baby beauties! Toasted coconut and mini chocolate Easter eggs are the finishing touches.
I love the texture contrast between the crunch from the shortbread cookies in conjunction with the super rich and creamy cheesecake filling and whipped cream topping. The toasted coconut adds even more great flavor.
The burst of chocolate, especially the crunchy Cadbury egg “shell,” is another winner for a texture-lover like myself!
Ingredients In Mini Easter Cheesecakes
For these fun and festive individual-sized cheesecakes, you’ll need to have on hand the following:
- Shortbread cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Sour Cream
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Instant cheesecake-flavored pudding mix
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Cadbury mini chocolate eggs
How to Make Easter Cheesecakes
Think of these Easter egg cheesecakes as three parts — crust, filling, and topping.
- For the crust, pulse together shortbread cookies along with melted butter in your food processor before patting a thin layer into each of 18 lined standard-sized muffin pan cavities.
- To make the filling, beat together very soft cream cheese with sugar before adding sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Turn out a few tablespoons of the mixture over the crust of each.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, and then crack the oven door, and allow the muffin pans to remain in the oven for 45 to 60 additional minutes. Make sure the oven is off and the door is cracked! This allows the mini Easter cheesecakes to set up fully.
- Chill them in the fridge before topping them with a mixture of heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and instant cheesecake-flavored pudding mix.
- Pipe or dollop that over the chilled cheesecakes, add toasted coconut, chocolate Cadbury eggs, and you’re ready to serve these little beauties!
Can I Make This Recipe as a Regular Cheesecake?
I’m sure you could, but I’ve only made mini Easter cheesecakes using this recipe so I can’t speak to bake times, baking methods, etc.
Can I Use a Different Flavor of Pudding?
Yes! Instant vanilla pudding mix can be used instead of cheesecake flavored.
Can the Instant Pudding Be Substituted?
Yes, you can also just use whipped cream and you can omit the pudding mix if you don’t have any on hand or it’s not available in your area.
Can I Omit The Coconut?
In a nutshell, yes you can. I mention this because coconut tends to be a very polarizing food and people either love it or hate it.
I think the coconut makes the Easter cheesecakes not only look really festive, but also adds a great flavor element that I believe really ties in so well with Easter and the spring of the year.
However, if you just can’t get into coconut, you can skip it noting that they may not look quite as cute and festive.
Tips for Making Easter Egg Cheesecake Bites
It’s best to top the mini cheesecakes with the whipped topping mixture and coconut right before serving. Although you can get away with making these 24-48 hours in advance, noting the crust will soften after about 24 hours in the refrigerator.
However, definitely don’t add the Cadbury eggs right until serving because they don’t hold up well in the fridge when touching the whipped cream topping.
Make sure your cream cheese is really soft so there aren’t any lumps in the cheesecake! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried to rush things and didn’t properly to allow my cream cheese to really come to true room temp. In this recipe, it’s essential so plan ahead!
Pin This Recipe
Mini Easter Cheesecakes
These cute little cheesecakes are perfect for Easter! Creamy cheesecake filling sits atop a shortbread crust and is topped with a cheesecake pudding whipped cream, coconut, and mini chocolate eggs!
- 5 ounces shortbread cookies (such as Lorna Doone)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (brick-style, full fat)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant cheesecake pudding mix, dry*
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Mini Cadbury eggs, as desired for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two cupcake tins with liners for 18 cheesecakes; set aside.
- Add shortbread cookies to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Add the melted butter and process again until fully combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners with 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture and gently press evenly against the bottom of each with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- To a large bowl and electric mixer or to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together (a verb; to mix or to beat; there is no cream in this step) the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Measure 3-4 tablespoons of filling into each of the cupcake liners, leaving about ¼ inch of space from the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then turn off the oven, crack the oven door, and leave the cheesecakes in for 45 to 60 minutes to allow cheesecakes to set evenly.
- After cheesecakes cool to room temperature, they can be transferred to the refrigerator. Allow them to fully chill in the fridge, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, to a large bowl and electric mixer or to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and instant pudding mix together until fluffy; set aside.
- Toast the coconut by spreading it on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet and placing it under the broiler on low for 2 to 3 minutes; keep a very close eye on it because it will be prone to burning! Allow the coconut to cool.
- Pipe dollops of the whipped cream mixture (or just spoon it on) onto the tops of the cheesecakes, then top with toasted coconut, and Cadbury mini chocolate eggs as desired.
*Instant vanilla pudding mix can be used instead of cheesecake flavored. You can also just use whipped cream and omit the pudding mix.
Storage: Cheesecakes will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend adding the whipped cream, coconut, and chocolate eggs immediately before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
More Cute Easter Desserts:
Easter Egg Treasure Cake – This FUN cake is made with two different cake mixes. The eggs, chicks, and bunnies from the first cake are cut out and put in the second cake before it’s baked. Decorated with coconut grass and candy eggs, this is a FESTIVE Easter dessert with buried TREASURES inside!! Use the leftover cake to cut out more mini cakes and let the kids decorate for extra fun!
Easter Egg Bars — Fast, EASY, super soft, and loaded with chocolate M&M’s Eggs galore!! Definitely my favorite type of Easter eggs! SAVE this recipe for your leftover Easter candy!!
Springtime Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting — Sugar cookies in bar form with SPRINKLES galore!! FAST, EASY and yummy! Great for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day, showers, and parties!!
Easter Chocolate Bark – A mixture of milk and white chocolate swirled together and topped with M&Ms and sprinkles!! Such a FAST, EASY, NO-BAKE, and MAKE-AHEAD treat!!
Soft and Chewy M&M’s Cookies — Super soft, chewy, buttery M&M’s cookies that totally are irresistible! Loaded with M&M’s and perfect for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
Lemon Lemonies — Like lemon brownies, but made with lemon and white chocolate! Dense, chewy, not cakey and packed with big, bold lemon flavor!
Cream Cheese Carrot Cake Bars — Dense, chewy, super moist bars that taste like carrot cake with a cream cheese topping that’s baked right in so you don’t need to worry about frosting them!! So much EASIER than making carrot cake but with similar flavors you will LOVE!!