Springtime Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links.
Hello springtime! Or something like that. Hopefully it’s getting warmer where you live.
It’s hard to believe that Easter and Mother’s Day are right around the corner and these bars are perfect. Or make them for anything from bridal and baby showers to girls-night-in parties.
They’re faster and easier than making sugar cookies because there’s no dough to chill and no dough to scoop out individually. Just press the dough into a pan, bake, and you’re done.
I made a similar recipe before Christmas that was a huge hit with readers.
To make this recipe even easier, I used a box of vanilla sugar cookie mix that I doctored up with sprinkles. I’m sure a pouch of sugar cookie mix would work although I haven’t personally tested this mix.
The bars are buttery soft in the middle with a bit of chewiness around the edges and have nice texture from the baked-in sprinkles.
To finish them off I frosted the bars with cream cheese frosting and added more sprinkles. I couldn’t resist.
You can cheat and use a tub of storebought cream cheese frosting if you’re in a rush. No one will notice. They’ll be focusing on all those glorious sprinkles.
- one 14-ounce box vanilla sugar cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup springtime-colored sprinkles
- one tub storebought whipped cream cheese frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (lite okay)
- 1/4 cup (half of 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons springtime-colored sprinkles (pastels, pinks, yellows, etc.)
- Bars – Preheat oven to 350F, line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the cookie mix, butter, egg, and mix or stir to combine.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared pan and bake for about 23 to 27 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. Set aside to cool completely on a wire rack while you prepare the frosting.
- Frosting – Use storebought frosting OR to a large bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), add the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, salt, and beat with an electric mixer (or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer) on high power until smooth and fluffy. Turn frosting out over bars in an even, smooth flat layer. If you have extra frosting, it will keep airtight in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
- Evenly sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sprinkles before slicing and serving the bars.
Adapted from Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 269mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Holiday Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles baked in and on top! So much faster than making cookies and a great holiday baking shortcut!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies – Move over cake mix. These easy, super soft cookies are from scratch & loaded with sprinkles!
Chewy Sugar Sprinkles Cookies – Easy, no-roll cookies with the sprinkles baked right in!
Soft and Chewy M&Ms – Super soft, chewy, buttery M&M cookies that totally are irresistible! Loaded with M&M’s and perfect for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
Cookie Butter Funfetti Triple Chip Bars – Cookie butter drenches these easy bars studded with funfetti sprinkles, white, and dark chocolate chips!
Funfetti Cake Batter Blondies – Soft, easy, buttery, no-mixer blondies with sprinkles, white, and dark chocolate!
Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake – Move over storebought cake mix! This easy cake only takes minutes to make and tastes wayyyy better!
No Ice Cream Maker Funfetti Cake Batter Golden Oreo Ice Cream – Golden Oreos and funfetti sprinkles in every bite of this easy, no mixer ice cream that you have to try! Creamy perfection!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.