One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta
One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta – An EASY recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skillet, and loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors!! A family favorite that’s great for busy weeknights!!
The beauty of this recipe is that’s ready in 20 minutes is that it’s make in one skillet. ONE.
No waiting for water to boil and cooking pasta separately before adding it.
Just brown the ground beef and then add everything else. One pan to wash, I love it.
It’s full of all your favorite Mexican-inspired taco flavors including juicy taco-seasoned ground beef, fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, beans, cheese, sour cream, green onions, and avocado. A fiesta in your mouth.
And the pasta comes out perfectly al dente.
It’s a great recipe to make when I want to have planned leftovers because it makes a big batch. I put the extras in plastic containers and we heat them up in the micro for easy grab-and-serve lunches or hectic weeknight dinners on the fly.
One Skillet Beef Taco Pasta
An easy recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes, made in one skillet, and loaded with Mexican-inspired flavors! A family favorite that’s great for busy weeknights!
- 1 pound lean or extra-lean ground beef
- one 1-ounce package taco seasoning (I used medium heat reduced-sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta (I used rotini; bowtie, small shells, elbow macaroni, etc. may be substituted)
- one 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes ( use regular diced tomatoes if you prefer less spiciness)
- one 15-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (black beans may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds for garnishing (cilantro may be substituted)
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and cubed for garnishing, optional
- To a large skillet, add the ground beef and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until beef is cooked though. Crumble and toss intermittently as it cooks to ensure even cooking. Drain liquid if desired or necessary (it wasn’t necessary for me).
- Evenly sprinkle the taco seasoning over the beef and add the water, pasta, tomatoes (do not drain), kidney beans, frozen corn, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover, and allow mixture to simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until pasta has absorbed most of the liquid and is done.
- Turn off the heat, add the sour cream, and stir to combine.
- Add the cheese and cover momentarily to allow cheese to melt.
- Evenly sprinkle with green onions and optional avocado before serving. Recipe is best warm and fresh but extra will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Taco Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more! Perfect for picnics, parties, and potlucks!!
Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
Layered Loaded Chicken Taco Salad – Juicy chicken, avocado, tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, tortilla chips, and more in this loaded salad that’s easy and ready in 15 minutes! A creamy lime-cilantro dressing adds tons of flavor!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad – Two kinds of beans, juicy corn, tomatoes, peppers, and more tossed in a light chili-lime-cumin vinaigrette! Healthy, easy, ready in 5 minutes, and loaded with flavor!
Healthy Beefy Tacos (vegan) – Just like the real thing but a million times healthier! So good, hearty and taste JUST like the real deal!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls – Juicy chicken along with your favorite burrito ingredients served in a bowl!! Pile the toppings sky high and not worry about a wrap breaking, plus it’s a little healthier!! Easy and ready in 15 minutes!