Ravioli and Summer Vegetable Spinach Salad
This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer Ravioli Salad — Crisp-tender zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chickpeas over spinach with cheesy ravioli and a dijon vinaigrette!! A HEALTHY summer pasta salad that takes advantage of fresh produce!!
Healthy Spinach and Ravioli Salad
Salads can sometimes be boring, but I promise you this isn’t one of them. Nor is it the kind of salad you eat and are ready to start snacking two hours later.
On top of a bed of spinach, there’s lightly sautéed yellow summer squash, zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, and ravioli.
The veggies are crisp-tender and add texture and flavor, the chickpeas boost the protein content, and the ravioli adds the warm, comfort food touch that keeps you satisfied.
The dijon-based vinaigrette is light and doesn’t weigh down the salad but still packs plenty of flavor in this accidentally healthy vegetarian dish.
What’s in the Ravioli Salad?
To make the hearty summer pasta salad, you’ll need:
- Refrigerated cheese ravioli
- Olive oil
- Yellow summer squash
- Dried thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Dijon mustard
- Red wine vinegar
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Ravioli Salad
Cook the ravioli according to package instructions. While that cooks, sauté the veggies in a skillet just until softened.
To the veggies, add the fresh tomatoes and parsley, stir to combine.
Pile the spinach on a plate, top with cooked ravioli, and then pile on the veggies! Drizzle with vinaigrette as desired.
Can This Recipe Be Prepped in Advance?
The ravioli pasta salad is best fresh. However, you can store the pasta, spinach, and sautéed veggies separately in the fridge to enjoy later in the week.
Tips for Making Ravioli Pasta Salad
The ingredients are flexible based on your favorites and what you have on hand.
Substitute romaine or your favorite greens rather than spinach. Try butternut squash or sweet potatoes instead of the more summery veggies I incorporated.
I used cheese ravioli but use what kind you enjoy most.
- one 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli (or your favorite ravioli)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into small pieces
- one 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced or pressed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced into small pieces (or your favorite tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely minced (regular or Italian flat-leaf)
- about 4 cups fresh spinach, loosely measured
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, yellow squash, zucchini, chickpeas, thyme, salt, pepper, and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables have softened slightly but are still crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute; stir intermittently.
- Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes, parsley, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a large platter, add the spinach and top with the ravioli, the vegetables and chickpeas; set aside while you make the vinaigrette.
- To a medium bowl, add all ingredients, whisk to combine, and taste for seasoning balance. Make any necessary tweaks, i.e. more salt, pepper, sugar, etc.
- Evenly drizzle vinaigrette over salad as desired and serve immediately.
Salad is best fresh. Extra vinaigrette will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1426mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 26g
More Unique Pasta Salad Recipes:
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad — The BEST version of a chicken Caesar salad because there’s tender pasta, too!! EASY, ready in 20 minutes, makes a big batch, and a guaranteed family FAVORITE!!
Mandarin Orange Chicken Pasta Salad – EASY, ready in 30 minutes, and packed with Asian-inspired flavors!! Juicy sesame chicken, pasta, and lots of healthy vegetables!
Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad — Juicy tomatoes, cucumbers and corn with creamy avocado, basil and parmesan tossed in lemon vinaigrette with cheese tortellini! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad — Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Taco Pasta Salad — EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and loaded with great Mexican-inspired ingredients including corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and more!!
BLT Pasta Salad — EASY, ready in 15 minutes, feeds a crowd, and PERFECT for potlucks and parties. Creamy ranch dressing perfectly coats the pasta and BACON. Guaranteed family FAVORITE!
Asian Pasta Salad with Chicken — Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy!! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.