Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookie Bars — Soft, chewy, EASY no-mixer bars made in one bowl with chunks of Snickers and chocolate in every bite! A guaranteed family FAVORITE!
Table of Contents
Easy Snickers Chocolate Chip Blondie Recipe
These blonde brownies with chocolate chips and Snickers are soft, tender, slightly chewy, and diced Snickers add a wonderful texture to the otherwise buttery smooth dough.
There are plenty of semi-sweet chocolate chips in every bite to satisfy your chocolate cravings. Whether you call these blondies or cookie bars, they’re addictive.
I added a generous bit of kosher salt to the dough for a salty-sweet effect. You can omit or reduce the salt, but since we love salted chocolate anything, this was a lovely touch.
If you have extra candy laying around from Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter, holiday entertaining, a birthday party, or graduation party, these are the perfect easy dessert to put it to use.
What’s in the Snickers Cookie Bars?
You only need a handful of common fridge and panty ingredients for this simple Snickers dessert.
Get out your:
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Snickers bars* (see below for more on this and the ability to switch things up or mix-and-match)
How to Make Snickers Cookie Bars
These easy, one-bowl blonde chocolate chip brownies with Snickers are a cinch to make and so fast!
I recommend lining your baking pan with heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Make sure to use a heavy duty non-stick foil or the foil could stick to your dessert. Anytime I know there will be melted caramel, in this case from the Snickers, I automatically line my baking pans.
Melt the butter and then add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk to combine. Add the flour, salt, diced Snickers, chocolate chips, stir to combine and turn the batter out into the pan.
Reserve some Snickers pieces as well as chocolate chips for hand-placing on top of the dough in the baking pan. It really creates such a nice visual appearance and makes these blondies all the more enticing.
Can I Add Other Candy Bars?
I love Snickers and had two king-sized bars in my cupboard on the day I made these blonde brownies with chocolate chips and was wondering, ‘what was I going to make?’ They became my inspiration.
If you have leftover Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s or Easter candy to use up, these cookie bars are the perfect treat to do just that!
However, feel free to instead incorporate or mix-and-match with a combination of what you have on hand or enjoy:
Tips for Making Snickers Cookie Bars
I used classic Snickers bars in this recipe, but you can use any kind you’d like.
If desired, you can double the ingredients and make the cookie bars in a 9×13-inch pan instead. That’s a whole lot of Snickers cookie bars!
Make sure to check out my collection of 40+ Blondies Recipes that all start out with the same simple 1/2 – 1 – 1 – 1 recipe base, referring to the cups of butter, egg, brown sugar, and flour. After that, the sky is the limit with the variations you can create.
Can I Use Other Types of Candy Bars?
Yes you sure can!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Way, 100 Grand, 3 Musketeers, Payday, or M&M’s are all excellent choices.
Butterfingers are a bit hard. However, if you mix-and-match them with other types of chopped candy bars, you should be fine.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 king-sized Snickers bars, diced into small pieces; divided (about 1 1/2 cups loosely packed
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips; divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil if desired for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the most of the Snickers pieces (reserve about 10-12 pieces to manually add to the top of the batter) chocolate chips (reserve about 1/4 cup to manually add to the top of the batter), and stir to combine.
- Turn the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly place the reserved Snickers and chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 22 to 26 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake. Blondies firm up as they cool. A toothpick test is unreliable because you will likely hit melted chocolate or caramel, but if you hit a patch of dough, the toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving.
Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
More Easy Bar Cookies:
Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars — The bars are incredibly moist and are melt-in-your mouth soft and tender.
Rolo Chocolate Chip Blondies — Gooey caramel, chocolate chips, and buttery soft dough!! Easy, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that’s a guaranteed hit! Who can resist caramel and chocolate!!
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars — Loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter cups and chocolate!! Soft, gooey and totally irresistible! Everything’s better with peanut butter cups!!
M&M’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars — Soft buttery bars loaded with M&M’S and chocolate chips are a guaranteed hit!! Fast, easy, foolproof, no mixer recipe that’s so much simpler than making cookies!!
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Blondies — Super soft, buttery blondies STUFFED with NUTELLA and topped with CHOCOLATE chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that puts a smile on everyone’s face!!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies – Super soft, slightly chewy, loaded with chocolate chips, and the browned butter takes them to the next level!! Fast, easy, no-mixer recipe that you HAVE to try!!
Fudgy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars — Chewy oatmeal cookie bars with a thick layer of fudge in the middle! Whoa, hello chocolate overload!!