Strawberry, Avocado, and Kale Salad with Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love kale and when it’s topped with big juicy strawberries and creamy avocado, even better.
I feel healthier just by looking at it.
Fruit in salads can sometimes be tricky to pull off sometimes, but here the sweet strawberries are a perfect contrast to the more bitter kale.
Even if you’re not a huge kale fan, there are so many wonderful textures and flavors in every bite you can’t help but like it. It’s filling, satisfying, and healthy.
The simple vinaigrette is made by blending strawberries with apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. You can keep it vegan by using agave.
It’s sweet-yet-tangy from strawberries, honey, and apple cider vinegar, and it coats the kale perfectly.
If you prefer more savory dressings, reduce the honey and increase the salt and pepper. You could also blend in garlic or red onion.
You’ll have more vinaigrette than you’ll need for the salad and the extra portion will keep airtight in the fridge for a week.
I loved this salad and so my daughter. When I was blending up the vinaigrette she was a bit skeptical that strawberry salad dressing could be good.
But after she tried it she said, “Mom, this is a keeper.”
- about 6 cups freshly torn kale leaves, with coarse stems and ribs removed
- 1 medium/large ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 cups strawberries, whole with tops off (frozen okay and it’s what I used)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, or to taste (agave may be substituted to keep vegan)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic and/or 2 tablespoons diced red onion, optionally add to create a more savory dressing (I didn’t use either)
- Salad – To a large bowl or platter, add all ingredients in the order listed; set aside.
- Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – To the canister of a high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients in the order listed. Blend on high power until texture is as smooth as desired. Taste vinaigrette and tweak as necessary to taste. Drizzle over salad, toss to combine, and serve immediately. If you don’t use all the vinaigrette, extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 819Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1047mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 18gSugar: 54gProtein: 15g
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad with Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette – The flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy & satisfying!
Roasted Winter Squash, Cranberry, and Almond Salad with Lemon Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette (vegan, GF) – A hearty & satisfying salad to help you stay healthy & on track!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad – (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier & lighter? Make this easy, refreshing & satisfying salad!
Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad – Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light and not just another salad!
Orange Ginger Tempeh and Brown Rice Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette – A healthy & hearty salad that’ll keep you full & satisfied for hours. It’s healthy-in-a-hurry & ready in under 15 minutes!
Skinny Mayo-Less Cabbage Salad – (vegan, GF) – This healthy cabbage salad/coleslaw isn’t coated with gobs of mayo & you won’t miss it!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.