Kale Strawberry Avocado Salad — Make a kale lover out of anyone with this kale strawberry salad! It’s topped with creamy avocado, juicy berries, and homemade strawberry vinaigrette!
Kale Strawberry Avocado Salad Recipe
I love kale and when it’s topped with big juicy strawberries and creamy avocado, even better. I feel healthier just by looking at it. Fruit in salads can sometimes be tricky to pull off sometimes, but here the sweet strawberries are a perfect contrast to the more bitter kale.
Even if you’re not a huge kale fan, there are so many wonderful textures and flavors in every bite you can’t help but like it. It’s filling, satisfying, and healthy.
The simple vinaigrette is made by blending strawberries with apple cider vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. You can keep it vegan by using agave. It’s sweet-yet-tangy from strawberries, honey, and apple cider vinegar, and it coats the kale perfectly.
I loved this salad and so my daughter. When I was blending up the vinaigrette she was a bit skeptical that strawberry salad dressing could be good. But after she tried it she said, “Mom, this is a keeper.”
What’s in Kale Strawberry Avocado Salad?
To make the strawberry kale avocado salad itself, you’ll need:
- Hass avocado
- Fresh strawberries
And to make the strawberry kale salad dressing, you’ll need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Kale Strawberry Avocado Salad
Simply prep the fruit and veggies, then add to a large bowl. Add the strawberry vinaigrette ingredients to a blender and blend until smoother.
Taste vinaigrette and tweak as necessary to taste before pouring over the summer strawberry salad.
Can I Use Another Leafy Green Besides Kale?
Of course! If you don’t have kale on hand, you can substitute another leafy green like spinach, romaine, etc.
Can I Prep the Dressing in Advance?
Yes! You can make the dressing ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Tips for Making Kale Strawberry Salad
If you prefer more savory dressings, reduce the honey and increase the salt and pepper. You could also blend in garlic or red onion.
You’ll have more vinaigrette than you’ll need for the salad and the extra portion will keep airtight in the fridge for a week.
Be sure to tear the kale leaves off the woody stems and discard the stems. They’re almost impossible to chew!
Pin This Recipe
- about 6 cups freshly torn kale leaves, with coarse stems and ribs removed
- 1 medium/large ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
Strawberry-Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 2 cups strawberries, whole with tops off (frozen okay and it’s what I used)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, or to taste (agave may be substituted to keep vegan)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic and/or 2 tablespoons diced red onion, optionally add to create a more savory dressing (I didn’t use either)
For the Salad:
- To a large bowl or platter, add all ingredients in the order listed; set aside.
For the Vinaigrette:
- To the canister of a high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients in the order listed. Blend on high power until texture is as smooth as desired. Taste vinaigrette and tweak as necessary to taste.
- Drizzle over salad, toss to combine, and serve immediately.
- If you don’t use all the vinaigrette, extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 819Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1047mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 18gSugar: 54gProtein: 15g
More Summer Salad Recipes:
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad – Juicy chicken coated in balsamic along with plump tomatoes, creamy mozzarella, and basil!! Easy, healthy, ready in 15 minutes! The caprese salad you’ll make AGAIN and again!!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Spinach Salad — The flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad!
Loaded Greek Salad — An amped up version of a classic Greek salad with avocado, artichokes, garbanzo beans, and more!! The tangy Greek salad dressing is ready in seconds and is a major flavor booster! Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian!!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing — A healthy green salad packed with an abundance of veggies for added texture and flavor!
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad (GF) — Trying to keep meals healthier and lighter? Make this easy, refreshing, and satisfying salad!
Sweet and Sour Zucchini Corn Salad — Packed with big, bold flavors and tons of crunch! Healthy, light and not just another salad!
Skinny Mayo-Less Cabbage Salad (vegan, GF) — This healthy cabbage salad/coleslaw isn’t coated with gobs of mayo & you won’t miss it!