The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies — Soft, chewy and they’ll be your new fave PB cookies!! One bowl, no mixer, no butter, naturally gluten-free! Love it when something so easy tastes so amazing!!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
I have dozens of peanut butter cookie recipes on my blog. Check out the Related Recipes below for an ode to some favorites.
In my first cookbook there’s another dozen peanut butter cookies. But you can never have too many peanut butter cookies recipes and these flourless cookies are some of the best.
I couldn’t stop eating the cookies and they’re a spinoff of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies but made even easier and dare I say better. One bowl, no mixer, and just four main ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla. The previous recipe called for creaming the ingredients using a mixer but all you need is a spoon for these cookies.
What sets this recipe apart from many other peanut butter cookie recipes is that there’s no flour and no butter, making them naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. Since there’s no butter and no flour what you’re left with is a cookie that’s full of bold, robust peanut butter flavor.
These simple peanut butter cookies have a lovely chewiness around the edges and are perfectly soft and tender in the middle. Don’t be tempted to overbake them because they won’t taste nearly as good.
The other nice thing about the recipe is that it doesn’t make too many, just 11 or 12 cookies which for me is a good thing. The more I have around, the more I’m tempted to devour. I’ve always loved flourless peanut butter cookies and I fell in love with the concept, all over again.
What’s in Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies?
To make these no-flour peanut butter cookies, you’ll need:
- Creamy peanut butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies Without Flour
To make these simple PB cookies, all you have to do is whisk together all of the ingredients, scoop the dough into balls, then chill the dough for 3 hours.
Once chilled, place the dough balls on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake until the edges are set and tops are barely set, even if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter?
No, a “traditional” peanut butter like Jif or Skippy is best in this flourless peanut butter cookie recipe. Homemade or natural peanut butters don’t always work in baked goods.
Can I Use Crunchy Peanut Butter?
I personally prefer using creamy peanut butter in my baked goods, but I bet crunchy would work just fine here. If you try this out, leave me a comment letting me know what you thought!
Tips for Making the Best Peanut Butter Cookies
If you want to switch up the flavor of these gluten-free peanut butter cookies a little bit, use honey roasted peanut butter instead of regular. Trust me, it’s so good!
Note that you MUST chill the cookie dough before baking it. If you bake with warm dough, the cookies will spread and bake thinner and flatter.
Both the cookie dough and the baked cookies freeze extremely well. If baking frozen cookie dough, add a minute or two to the total bake time.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy classic-style peanut butter or honey-roasted peanut butter*
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine using a spoon. It takes some elbow grease and it’s okay for the dough to be slightly granular because the sugar absorbs into the dough over time as the dough chills.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet), flatten slightly using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern if desired.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are set and tops are barely set, even if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center. Cookies firm up as they cool; don’t overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.
- *You want to use Jif, Skippy, or similar rather than natural or homemade peanut butter. Sometimes natural versions work fine but not always; classic peanut butter is more trustworthy. I use honey-roasted.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes:
My cookbook is all about peanut butter! Peanut Butter Comfort contains 100+ peanut butter recipes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Super soft, chewy, and no flour, no butter, and no white sugar used!
Big Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – Super chewy, packed with PB flavor and just made for breaking apart at the crinkly seams!
Easy 4-Ingredient Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies — Soft, chewy, and made with an ingredient you’d never guess! It works and they’re perfect!!
Reese’s Pieces Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – Peanut butter lovers’ will go nuts for these super soft cookies loaded with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate!
Inside-Of-A-Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies — Soft cookies that taste like the inside of peanut butter cups thanks to a special ingredient!
Soft and Chewy Triple Peanut Butter Cookies — PB is used 3 different ways in these melt-in-your mouth cookies! Batch size of just 8 cookies when you don’t ‘need’ dozens laying around!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie — This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies — 3 favorite cookies combined into 1 so you don’t have to choose!! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and always a hit!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – Super soft, perfectly chewy, BROWNED BUTTER cookies that are LOADED with two kinds of chips!!
Peanut Butter Blossoms— These peanut butter blossoms feature soft and chewy peanut butter cookies topped with a Hershey’s chocolate kiss. A classic Christmas cookie recipe!