This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are this week’s Thursday Things:
There are four festival locations (Vermont, California, Colorado, Whistler) filled with days of yoga, live music, nature, hikes, farm to dinner tables, and wine tastings.
And probably a whole lot of sweat, lack of showering, and patchouli going on.
I’d love to go to the California one in Tahoe/Squaw Valley. Or any of them. I bet the energy is fabulous.
Also included in that post are 100 links to other posts
Seriously, prepare to link hop and get sucked in.
If you’re a (food) blogger, writer, photographer, run a web-based business, have a website, the links are priceless.
3. The Honest Chocolate Box Guide
What you think you’re eating…
4. What it really is…
5. I went to San Diego Rustic Furniture. I can’t believe I’ve lived in San Diego since 2004 and I have never been there. It is truly mind-blowing the amount of old furniture (100+ years old) they have from around the world. China, India, Mexico, and more.
Furniture was stacked against the walls, on pallets; pieces were stacked many layers high on top of other pieces. There were rows and rows of old furniture and there was furniture outdoors.
Furniture was literally hanging from the rafters.
Note the chairs hanging from the ceiling.
6. I went there because I decided that it’s time to stop taking pictures of cookies and bars, bent over my kitchen island, trying to maneuver weird angles, backgrounds, while working with the ever-changing lighting.
7. I need a table. Novel concept, those things called tables.
I can’t use my dining room table because it’s black and the surface is too dark for pictures and some natural wood grain is nice in photos. Plus it’s in an under-exposed corner of the room rendering the lighting on it useless.
8. I bought this 140+ year old Chinese table used for writing by the Chinese.
It will be used for photography by me.
There were so many tables, consoles, sidebars, writing tables, huge doors, wood and metal surfaces of all kinds, sizes, shapes. The selection blew my mind.
I could have spent
days months comparing, debating, making trips back over many months, waiting to see what came in.
When I saw this piece, I knew the surface area of the tabletop was big enough for photos, but small enough to fit in our already fully-furnished urban condo. That’s code for no extra room to spare.
I love the surface of it and it has storage to hold some linens, fabrics, and a few photography props.
9. After shopping, it’s good to take a break and eat something. Like cookies.
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF with vegan adaptation)
10. Thanks for the Purefit Nutrition BarGiveaway entries
What are your Thursday Things?
Feel free to link up anything noteworthy you’ve done, seen, eaten, or made.
What’s your taste in furniture? Rustic, antique, modern, clean, a mixture?
However, I do love rustic finds and mixing in some rustic, antique, one-of-a-kind pieces amidst the more contemporary. It’s all about seeing what works, in what room, with what existing pieces, and without making things cluttered. I hate clutter and aim for the less-is-more approach. And less is more in an urban condo where every square foot counts.
Have you been to any outdoor festivals, concerts, art shows, or gatherings? Any plans to check any out this summer?
I love outdoor festivals; live music, fabulous people watching, grazing on the food and drinks, enjoying the weather, and taking it all in. Sounds like a perfect summer day to me.
It’s almost Friday!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.