This post may contain affiliate links.
Here are this week’s Thursday Things:
1. I’m loving Bravo TV even more so than usual because there are multiple cities of housewives happening. The Real Housewives of Orange County, New York (and what do you think of the new ladies?), and the New Jersey ladies are all on. Some seasons are beginning, some are ending. It’s a good thing my DVR is smart enough to just do its job and just record so I don’t have to keep track of what’s on and when.
Million Dollar Listing L.A. is starting and I can’t wait to see what happens with Madison’s ex-assistant. The previews and drink-tossing look entertaining.
Around the World in 80 Plates is great. I love going on a “trip” each week from the comforts of my bed. One day I’d love to really go to some of those destinations from India to Morocco. One day.
And there’s a new show coming, Miss Advised, I’m curious about. If I could only get one channel, it would be Bravo. Then E! and The Food Network.
2. I picked up a new deodorant, Secret Scent Expressions. The fragrance is definitely noticeable. It’s one of those deodorants that every time I move my arms, the scent wafts and I can smell my own deoderant.
My armpits are evidently expressing themselves.
3. Cute summer plates and on sale for $1.99 each at West Elm.
4. I was minding my own business and making a Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizza when all of a sudden my smoke detector went off. The pizza had been cooking for all of 4 minutes.
My smoke detector goes off pretty frequently if I turn my oven on over 400F.
At 425F or 450F, and roasting sweet potato fries for example, it’s almost a guarantee but nothing is burning though. It’s such a jarring experience and I jump ten feet every time; not to mention, I lose some of my hearing every time it goes off. So loud.
5. These Mossimo Short Sleeve Pocket Vee-Tee’s from Target are $8 bucks and come in many colors. The in-store colors vary from the online colors. So soft and they don’t shrink at all in the dryer. I love them and have them in 3 colors. Since I discovered them about 6 weeks ago, I can be found wearing one 24/7.
I better pick up a fourth because my hairstylist got massive amounts of hair color down the back of one a few weeks ago so I really have 2.5 not 3. Good thing it was only an eight dollar tshirt.
6. This cookbook, from Cooks Illustrated, The New Best Recipe Cookbook, hardcover. 1000 pages
I’m loving this cookbook because with each recipe they make, the authors tell you how and why each ingredient was used. For example, in brownies, they test 1 egg to 4 eggs, with and without yolks; brownies made with cocoa powder, Dutch process and regualar; with melted chocolate ranging from bittersweet, milk, semisweet, unsweetened baking chocolate to chocolate chips; they test flour types and amounts, baking times, and it goes on and on until they feel they come up with the most perfect recipe for a particular item. Each recipe gets trialed hundreds of times before it makes the book. And for brownies, for example, they distinguish between cakey and fudgy and did all of that to yield two different types of brownies. Mind-boggling.
If you like Alton Brown, food trivia and food science, and want to know why something is made the way it is; or what would happen if you reduce the baking powder by 1/2 teaspoon and added an extra 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, this is your book. At just about $20 bucks and 1000 pages, I think it’s a phenomenal value.
8. Thanks for the Ani Phyo Cookbooks Giveaway – Set of Two entries
Less colds, sniffles, and sickness; in addition to better digestive health, too.
I had been using these probiotics for about 5 years, but for the past few months have been switching it up. I’ve read we need to replenish different strains of helpful bacteria and figure a brand switch can’t hurt. I think both brands are great and am enjoying the switch-up. Sort of like switching up shampoo.
Code AVE630 at checkout will save you $5 off your iHerb order and pick up some nutritional yeast, stevia, bulk spices, protein powder or any other supplements you need. Shipping is free on all orders over $40 and I save at least 30 to 40% below retail. Let me know if you try the probiotics and what you think.
10. Let me know if you try this dessert and what you think.
What are your things?
Feel free to link up anything fabulous that you’re made, eaten, seen, done or bought.
I’d love to hear your favorite tv shows, cheap-but-great clothing finds, probiotics or cookbooks you love, fave summertime recipes. Fill me in.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.