This post may contain affiliate links.
Time for an installment of Weekend Things:
Needless to say, I’m thrilled!
This is what they said about Peanut Butter Comfort
2. There are too many to name, but a special thanks to Bridget, Lori, Valerie, Jackie ,Katie, Sally, Mercedes, Nikki, Jenn, Karly, Dawn, and everyone who’s blogged about my book, Tweeted or Instagrammed about it, or made recipes from it.
If you’ve made something from it, I’d love to know. Write and post on my Facebook wall or email, or tweet me. I’d like to do a collage and feature the recipes everyone has made so please post those pics.
3. This Thai-Style Iced Tea from Bon Appetit sounds so good. Spiced tea, vanilla beans, and sweetened condensed milk can do no wrong.
4. Yoga and Culinary Adventure in Northern Italy – Sip, savor, and stretch in Fobello, Italy. Enjoy a daily feast of yoga, hiking, and food adventures. Each day will start with a invigorating yoga class. Spend afternoons meeting the local baker, learning to cook risotto from the local master, hiking in the surrounding hills, or visiting the nearby, famous wine region In the evenings we will learn from local wine experts and relish shared meals. Starting at $2195 plus airfare for the week.
Wow. What I wouln’t give. Yoga, baking, cooking, hiking, and wine. And Italy. All in one trip.
5. I love balsamic vinegar and balsamic reduction. I could probably drink it. I’ve heard of balsamic vinegar tasting flights like you’d do with wine. Sounds excellent.
This Cook’s Illustrated chart compares balsamic vinegars. Not surprising, the winner was a $60 per ounce 25-year old aged balsamic. However, third place went to one that’s only $3.39 for almost 17 ounces. I love a good value and tips like that.
6. Todd and Diane did a post about their Junk Food Confessions and listed their top 5.
They have kale chips, raw cookies, raw brittles, and brownies. Of all of them, the brownies were my hands-down favorite. They’re flat, thin, and more like a soft chocolate cracker than a brownie in both texture and taste, but very good. Raw, vegan, gluten-free, and healthy, too.
8. If you’re looking for a homemade healthier brownie option, try Healthy Fudgy Brownie Bites (vegan, GF, grain-free) – NO added sugar, NO butter & NO flour used. They taste like the real thing – but healthier.
Or the Healthy Dark Fudgy Avocado Brownies (GF) are so rich, fudgy, dense, and satisfying.
9. Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman, pinned my 100% Whole Wheat No-Knead Make Ahead Dinner Rolls with Honey Butter to her I Want to Eat This Now Board
10. I met her at Big Potluck but didn’t get a picture with her. I wish I would have!
Thanks for the entries in the Peanut Butter Comfort and Food Processor Giveaway
What are your Weekend Things? Top 5 Junkfood Confessions?
Favorite brownie recipe? Trips you have planned? Into balsamic vinegar?
If you’ve made anything, done, seen, or bought anything fabulous recently, feel free to link it up in the comments.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.