6 Words

I was reading about 6 Word Memoirs.   Their slogan is “One life.  Six words.  What’s yours?”

A little confusing?

Basically in 6 words, describe:

Happiness (6 words on the secrets to life and happiness such as “Break some rules. Enjoy the euphoria.”)

Love (6 words on love & heartbreak such as “caveat emptor. read the label honey.”)

I found that site based on Angela’s post about 6 word love stories.

So let’s play along, here’s some of my 6 word phrases about happiness and life:

Caramel machiattos on weekend mornings rock.

Life is what you make it.

Start living, stop whining, be proactive.

Sleep when you’re dead, live now. (Even if Item #4 goes out the window)

Enjoy the beach.  Wrinkles?  Who Cares.

Working out is fun, don’t overtrain.

Take time to enjoy chocolate treats.

Scottish, Irish, Steelcut.  All just food.

Not everyday is easy or fun.

Some days suck.  Some days don’t.

Life is a roller coaster.  Always.

Being grateful puts life in perspective.

Skylar makes me happy.  Forever, always.

Life is bigger than organic status.

Raw? Organic? Nice but just details.

Leftovers make life easier. Try them.

Happiness is a state of mind.  Usually.

Who cares if you use microwaves?

Here’s of few of my 6 words about love and heartbreak:

If you seek ordinary, look elsewhere.

Behind a great man is his wife.

Behind a great wife is housework.

You are a bastard. Go away.

I love you.  I need you.

I don’t need losers. I rock.

Oreo Balls never made me cry.

Tell your other girlfriend your problems.

Give love a chance.  Might blossom!

Unconventional, passionate, daring, wild, sensitive, complicated.

Better to love and lose than not.

Love is hard, beautiful, crazy, complex.

Loving Chocolate and Peanut Butter, always.

Growing old together can be beautiful.

Growing old alone can be beautiful.

Love is a journey, try it.

He’s not worth your tears.  Ever.

Love is worth fighting for.  Always.

Not always easy, always worth effort.

Love comes in many sizes. Shapes.

From my last recipe post about the Ketchup & Mustard Lover’s Protein & Veggie Mash, thanks for letting me know if you’re a condiment lover, and if so, which ones.   Lots of us seem to enjoy a little food with our condiments.

After all those deep 6 word descriptions, it’s time to rest my brain and turn the floor over to you.

1. Best thing you’ve ate or done so far this weekend?

I had a super productive errand running day and found some cute things while out.  Stay tuned. Hint: They have to do with Item #4 on my Wish List

2. Do you have Monday off for President’s Day?

No, darn.  Neither from my unpaid work as chef, mother, wife, butt-wiper, dish-do’er, nor from my paid work.

3. 6 Words.  You’re up.  Rattle off 6 words to describe life, happiness, love, heartbreak, loss, whatever you’re feeling inspired to put out there.

If you have more than 6 words and are feeling wordy, repeat.

Can’t wait to read your deep thoughts!  In 6 words.  Almost like Haiku, which I loved creating in 5th grade.

P.S. If you’re just catching up on posts from the weekend, here were mine since Friday.

56 Responses to “6 Words”

Erica — February 20, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Six words for love: best friends. Make the best lovers.

kate@ahealthypassion — February 20, 2011 at 6:19 pm

so creative, I wish I could come up with poetic things :)

VeggieGirl — February 20, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Oh man, I LOVE this!

1.) dance, as usual, haha.

2.) no, unfortunately. and there’s a snowstorm. boo!

3.) Life with my best friend, always.

Kristina @ Life as Kristina — February 20, 2011 at 6:39 pm

We’ve been going out to eat for EVERY meal this wknd to celeb W’s bday-I just want a home cooked meal!!!! (even though all the eats were delish) Love the beach pics-i’m heading to Florida on Tuesday and CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Sarah @ OneLoveSarah — February 20, 2011 at 6:56 pm

feel good, do good, be good.

well sometimes its good to be a little bad ;)

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — February 20, 2011 at 6:57 pm

When words are not enough. DANCE!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — February 20, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I’m sore. Time to fall asleep.

Sorry that is all I’m feeling right now!

I do work tomorrow — BOO!!! I wish I had the day off. We are getting dumped on with snow so maybe I’ll take a half day. We’ll see.

Oh and I agree with this one 100%: Behind a great man is his wife. :)

Angie — February 20, 2011 at 7:27 pm

This is my absolute favorite post of yours in a while! Not saying the others weren’t good this hit home. Its important to remember those 6 word relationship phrases. He’s not worth your tears. Ever. is my favorite! GREAT POSTTT AVERIE, P.s. I love your name

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — February 20th, 2011 at 8:36 pm

thank you angie! i never know what’s gonna hit a nerve with people. i dug writing this one, glad you enjoyed reading :)

stacey — February 20, 2011 at 7:29 pm

You came up with a lot of good 6 word memoirs!

Mine is:

This too shall pass. Keep going.

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 20, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I saw Angela’s post too, very cool and what a fun post.

1. Still the hour-long massage and Turkish food, though the 9-mile run was pretty good too. :-)
    2. Yup and I have no agenda for the day, should be sweet!
    3. Make love and happiness a priority.

Hannah — February 20, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Six words for life: Take a breath. Leap and fly.

Brittany — February 20, 2011 at 7:35 pm

beautiful words! my 6 words are “Embrace Beauty, Accept Flaws, Live Life “

Katie — February 20, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Love yourself first, others will follow.

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! — February 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm

My husband and I went to a great new restuarant called The Hacienda on Henderson, and I had the most delicious cilantro tilapia! I also made ABC (apple, cinnamon, banana) French Toast! MMM MMM Good! I love your 6 word sayings!

Ela — February 20, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Thanks for sharing: I love word challenges like this and enjoyed what you did.

I hope you get paid extra for working on presidents day–more green pictures of presidents’ faces in honor of the event, or something…

Love rules. The rest? Small stuff.
    Respect my walk, I’ll respect yours.
    Cultivate, but know the medicine weeds.

love
    Ela

Hayley — February 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm

It’s not over til it’s over.
    No therapy is as effective as chocolate.
    Life is short so laugh often.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

sophia — February 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Ooh that’s fun! Six words…as you know I’m incredibly wordy so that’s super hard for me…but hmmm…

Okay here goes: Stress is a waste of time.
    Love is a beauty to give.
    Happiness is a journey and destination.

mi-an dela cruz — February 20, 2011 at 8:14 pm

wow you came up with many 6 words!!! i can’t even think of one…
    hmm…enjoy life as you know it! that’s the only that i can think of right now.
    btw, i was thinking of what to make for lunch tomorrow. then saw my lentils, some sweet potatoe and yam. therefore i made lentil pot with sweet tatahs and yams (inspired by you!). it’s soo soo good!! and so easy!! i was going to try the ketchup and mustard, just bc i’m not used to cooking with ketchup and mustard. however i probably will try it soon! now i have lunch for 2 days!

Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day — February 20, 2011 at 8:34 pm

1. Shepard’s pie and strawberry cake (vegan) for my daughter’s 25th birthday … omg, how time flies.

2. Yes, but even if I didn’t, we’re having a huge ice storm. Am hoping the power stays on! (and planning a move to Florida!)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — February 20th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

happy bday to your daughter and happy quarter century of memories to you!! time flying…i cant even imagine skylar being 25 but she will be there before i know it!

Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) — February 20, 2011 at 9:13 pm

That was awesome! So wise and very poetic, especially when read all together. Again, love your free-spiritedness, attitude, and lack of rigidity. I’ll add “Make plans, but keep an open mind” — “you never know what tomorrow may bring!”

Gina — February 20, 2011 at 9:47 pm

How about 5 words from a Dove chocolate I just ate :)
    “Ignite your sense of adventure”

Rachel ~ Dressed to Dish — February 21, 2011 at 12:16 am

Last thing I ate was a slice of toast with peanut butter and Nutella spread on it…perfect for dessert & breakfast! One of my many 6 word phrases that I absolutely love is this: “Life is Short, Eat Dessert First”. I saw it on a magnet and have never forgotten it!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) — February 21, 2011 at 3:41 am

so jealous of your guy’s day off!!!!!!! although we get a lot of Bank Holidays over here so i wont complain :D

6 words: Be proud of who you are

(i just think that if your happy and proud of yourself.. everything else around you will fall into place)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — February 21, 2011 at 5:51 am

Hmmm….6 words….here are a few that come to mind:

“His leaving was the best thing.”
    “Create a life outside each other.”
    “The one: you choose each other.”
    “Laugh together to stay in love.”
    “It’s not easy. It’s worth it.”

Wish I was more awake so I could think of better ones, but I really love your “Love is worth fighting for. Always.” This is such a positive way to start me day!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — February 21, 2011 at 5:59 am

smile. it will all work out. :)

lauren @ spiced plate — February 21, 2011 at 6:34 am

Amen for left overs — I think we should eat what makes us feel good — and some things taste better the next day — without the preparation!

I do think I get a bit hung up on “organic” and “raw” — I know they’re just labels but I think I get a bit OCD about being “healthy”. My wallet doesn’t like it, either! But, again — do what feels good.

This was so fun to look through.

Here are some 6 word tidbits I thought of:
    When I’m stressing and being crazy, I tell myself these six words: “feel better. put things into perspective”

How I met my husband: “it was love at first dance”

And one for eating: “eat what makes you feel good”

I’m lucky — I have this week off, since I’m a teacher. I plan on doing a lot of cooking and cleaning, though!

Thanks for this, Averie — in a simple way it changed my perspective on a few things to read through your post and other’s comments — thank you for this breath of fresh air this morning!

Erin @ Big Girl Feats — February 21, 2011 at 6:52 am

I too LOVED making haikus in 5th grade! The best thing I had to eat all weekend was everything! I could finally eat “regular” foods not on the restricted diet so it was great :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 21, 2011 at 7:17 am

I enjoyed reading all of your 6 words. :D

Mine:

Is that snow outside? Yes, indeed.

Mother Nature, you teased me. How cruel.

I want Oreo balls right now!

Yeah, too tired to be creative. :mrgreen:

Lili — February 21, 2011 at 8:54 am

I adore this post. Your blog always gives me a good dose of wisdom!
    My six words:
    Run faster it’ll be over sooner
    never break your spirit. be strong
    chocolate cake cures all woes. always.

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — February 21, 2011 at 8:56 am

It would be hard making so many sentences out of just 6 words..but you did so wonderfully, good job. I laughed at the “You are a bastard. Go Away.” one. :P

chrysta — February 21, 2011 at 8:57 am

Hey!! hope you had an amazing weekend! I think that the best thing that I ate this weekend was zuchinni noodles and a peanut sauce. So good! I ate zucchini noodles forever then I kinda got away from them. But now there baaaack! =)

I am so at work all day today so no vacation for me! Oh well, cest la vie!

Have a great day!!

Christin@purplebirdblog — February 21, 2011 at 9:01 am

“Scottish, Irish, Steelcut. All just food.” That made me giggle.

Life is short, try something better!!! :)

kate — February 21, 2011 at 9:03 am

Oreo balls never make me cry! Amen sister! I love this post!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 21, 2011 at 9:30 am

my six words are:

Live, enjoy, savour, every single moment.

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) — February 21, 2011 at 9:43 am

LOVED this post, Averie! You’re so creative!

Words for Life: You’re exactly where you should be. (My mom says this to me all the time! :)

julie — February 21, 2011 at 9:45 am

oh i LOVED this! i feel like i always catch your good posts just in time haha :) i think this was my favorite part:

Some days suck. Some days don’t.

because it’s SO true. it could be like the sum-up of life.

charlotte — February 21, 2011 at 10:04 am

This one: “Scottish, Irish, Steelcut. All just food.” made me snort out loud. I love you.

Joy — February 22, 2011 at 12:42 am

Great post, thanks for brightening days!

Winter’s cold and I’m over it!

I often struggle but I’m fighting

Krista — February 23, 2011 at 8:41 am

“love, health, play, work equal happiness”

Eve White — February 27, 2011 at 5:27 am

Thanks, this is very inspiring.
    S – Sunday mornings
    P – Ponytails
    R – Running
    I – Indigo
    N – Newts
    G – Ginger
    It’s two days to spring!