15 Orange Recipes for Fall
This post may contain affiliate links.
October is such an orange month from the leaves turning, pumpkins everywhere, Halloween decorations, and all Thanksgiving preparations that are coming. Recipes in the fall tend to be heavily on the orange side, even the ones that don’t include pumpkin. You mean they exist? I even included some non-pumpkin orange recipes.
1.Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters with Homemade Spicy Mustard (GF with vegan option) – Sweet potatoes are great in any form, including in these baked fritters
2. Roasted Carrot and Red Pepper Peanut Soup (vegan, GF) – Roasting the vegetables gives the carrot soup a depth of flavor that’s intense and smoky, and combined with coconut milk, peanut butter, and peanuts, this soup is hearty and rich
3. Double Cheese and Red Pepper Dip – Five minutes to make in the microwave. Creamy cheesy goodness in warp speed and ridiculously easy and fast to toss together
4. Vegetable Lasagna Casserole (vegan, GF) – A noodle-less, non-traditional lasagna that’s made using a giant zucchini-carrot ‘noodle’ and lots of veggies and cheese
5. Roasted Sweet Potato Red Pepper and Coconut Milk Soup (vegan, GF) – If you’re short on time (or even if you’re not) the sweet potato soup is excellent and comes together from start to finish in 15 minutes in the microwave with just a few ingredients
6. Chips and Cheese Chili Casserole (vegan, GF) – I skipped the breadcrumbs and baked chips into the casserole instead. A perfect gameday, tailgating, or fall meal that makes planned leftovers
Breads & Cake
7. Pumpkin Banana Bread with Browned Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – This bread is a mixture of both pumpkin and banana flavors whereas the cake below is more robustly pumpkin-flavored. Depending on the flavor profile you want, they’re both moist, dense, pumpkiny, and you can’t go wrong with either
8. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – Takes five minutes to make the batter by hand and it’s one of the moistest cakes I’ve ever had and will be a favorite for years to come. The ganache can be made in the microwave and is a snap
9. Sweet Potato Graham Cracker “French Toast” Sticks – They won’t win a beauty contest but this recipe is how to turn potatoes into French toast sticks and they’re crazy good. The recipe was used in the cookbook I was a co-contributor on
Candy and Cookies
10. Butterfinger Bars (No Bake, Vegan & GF options) – 3 ingredients, make in the microwave in 5 minutes, and are eerily similar to the real thing
11. Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites (No-Bake) – Vegan cookie dough, stuffed with candy corn, perched on top of a pretzel, and they come together in minutes without even needing a mixer for the dough
12. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Vanilla Buttercream – These grew on me so much that I made another batch a day after the first batch was made and are fast and easy to make. The cookies are incredibly moist and soft
13. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – A soft and tender pumpkin cookie meets a chewy and classic chocolate chip cookie, rolled into one. Definitely chewy whereas the previous cookies are soft and squishy
14. Caramel Maple Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (GF and use vegan caramel to keep vegan) – Pumpkin Pie in a Cup and a great use for that leftover pumpkin puree in the can that you don’t know what to do with
15. Orange PushUp Smoothie – Tied with these cookie dough balls and this pumpkin spice latte as the most popular recipe on my site. People love PushUps or apparently have as fond of childhood memories as them as I do
What are your favorite recipes this time of year?
Links welcome and appreciated.
I found out on Friday that I was nominated as one of the Top 25 Recipe Blogs and there’s voting here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click the the spacebar-looking thing with ‘See All Suggestions’ written on it to find my name and lots of other well deserving ladies whom I know as well.
Have a great weekend!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.