Easy Honey Mustard Chicken
I love all mustards. Yellow, Dijon, spicy, grainy, you name it and I’m a fan.
Add some honey and it’s even better.
My daughter also loves honey mustard and this dish hit the spot.
It’s ridiculously easy, ready in 20 minutes, and the honey mustard coats the chicken beautifully and clings perfectly to the nooks and crannies of the little broccoli trees. Broccoli is made for soaking up sauce of any kind.
You can omit the broccoli if you’re not a fan but it’s so good slathered in honey mustard and it stays crisp-tender.
By preparing the chicken with the broccoli, you knock out your protein and vegetable in one skillet in a matter of minutes. A win on all accounts.
Easy Honey Mustard Chicken
We love honey mustard and this dish hit the spot. It's ridiculously easy, ready in 20 minutes, and the honey mustard coats the chicken beautifully and clings perfectly to the nooks and crannies of the broccoli. You can omit the broccoli but it's so good slathered in honey mustard and it stays crisp-tender. By preparing the chicken with the broccoli, you knock out your protein and vegetable in one skillet in a matter of minutes. A win on all accounts.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 15 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup honey, or to taste
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard (grainy or spicy brown mustard may be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used breast tenders)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets
- To a medium bowl add the honey, mustards, whisk to combine, taste and check for flavor balance, adding more honey or mustard to taste if necessary; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on the second side. Cooking time will vary on the thickness of the chicken. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
- Evenly drizzle the honey mustard over the chicken and flip each piece over a few times to ensure both sides are coated evenly.
- Add the broccoli and stir to combine, making sure the broccoli gets coated with honey mustard. Cover and cook over medium-low heat allowing broccoli to steam for about 3 to 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days, reheat gently as desired.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes are ALL HERE
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet – When you need a fast and easy dinner, this recipe is a keeper! Bold ranch flavor, adaptable to be made with your favorite veggies, and it’s healthy!
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Juicy chicken with a honey lemon glaze that’s tangy-sweet and so good! Healthy, fast, so easy, and cleanup is a breeze!
Better-Than-Takeout Easy Cashew Chicken
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables – A tangy-sweet balsamic glaze coats juicy chicken and crisp-tender veggies! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights! It’s a keeper!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – The easiest orange chicken ever because your slow cooker does all the work! Super juicy, tender, and coated with a sweet-yet-tangy orange glaze that’s irresistible!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple – Tender chicken with lots of pineapple makes you feel like you’re eating dinner on a Hawaiian vacation without leaving home! Ridiculously easy, packed with flavor, and a hit with everyone!!
Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken – The easiest peanut chicken ever and your slow cooker does all the work! Topped with crunchy peanuts, cilantro, green onions, and the peanut sauce is irresistible!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables – Easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy (no breading, no frying), and the orange flavor just pops! Perfect for busy weeknights, a family favorite, and you’ll make this over and over!