One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables
This post may contain affiliate links.
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables — This balsamic chicken recipe is easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy, and made in one skillet! The chicken is juicy and moist while the vegetables are perfectly crisp-tender.
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken Recipe
I love balsamic anything. Food coated with a thick, juicy layer of balsamic reduction is my kind of food.
It’s even better when the recipe is easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy, made in one skillet, and your family asks for seconds. Including the vegetables.
The balsamic chicken is juicy and moist while the vegetables are perfectly crisp-tender. My vegetables have to have some crunch retained and these do. Everything is covered with a tangy yet mildly sweet balsamic glaze. It’s perfectly thick and clings to the chicken and seeps into the crevices of the broccoli.
So good and I want to drizzle it on everything.
What’s in One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken?
To make the balsamic glazed chicken and vegetables, you’ll need:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Light brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Sugar snap peas
How to Make Balsamic Chicken
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then cook in an oiled skillet. Add the balsamic sauce to the pan, followed by the veggies.
Pop the lid onto the skillet and let the veggies cook until crisp-tender. Once cooked, give the vegetables a stir to coat them in the sauce, then serve.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, but chicken thighs may need to cook for a different length of time.
Tips for Making Balsamic Chicken
I used broccoli and sugar snap peas in this skillet chicken breast recipe, but you could try carrots, cauliflower, asparagus, bell peppers, or your favorites.
Once the veggies have been added to the skillet, you may need to add a little water to help them steam. Adding water will vary based on the amount of natural juices the chicken released while cooking, so use your best judgement.
Balsamic chicken and vegetables be enjoyed as is, or you can serve this dish alongside brown rice, noodles, or quinoa.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound), seasoned with salt and pepper
- about 2 cups broccoli florets
- about 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas (peapods may be substituted)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water, optional and if necessary
- To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is about 75% cooked through. Flip chicken halfway through cooking. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. I used thin-sliced chicken breasts because they cook quicker.
- Add the sauce, noting that it may bubble up in the first few seconds.
- Add the vegetables, evenly sprinkled over the skillet, some will be on top of the chicken. If necessary, add 2 to 4 tablespoons water to help the vegetables steam. Adding water will vary based on the amount of natural juices the chicken released while cooking.
- Cover skillet and allow vegetables to steam for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through. Stir to evenly coat vegetables with sauce.
- Taste sauce, check for seasoning balance, making any necessary adjustments before serving (more salt, pepper, dash of honey or balsamic vinegar, etc.)
- Will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve cold or reheat gently prior to serving if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 41g
More Skillet Chicken Recipes:
Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet — When you need a fast and easy dinner, this recipe is a keeper! Bold ranch flavor, adaptable to be made with your favorite veggies, and it’s healthy!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango — Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables — Easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy (no breading, no frying), and the orange flavor just pops! Perfect for busy weeknights, a family favorite, and you’ll make this over and over!
Skinny Broccoli and Mixed Vegetable Stir Fry – Skip takeout and make your own fast, easy, and healthy stir fry! Think of all the money and calories you’ll save!
Chicken, Rice, & Vegetable Skillet — EASY, ready in 20 minutes, made in ONE skillet with everyday ingredients you probably have on hand!! A HEALTHY weeknight dinner the whole family will LOVE!!
15-Minute Spicy Korean Skillet Chicken — Fast, EASY, perfectly SPICY chicken that’s so tender and juicy! Who needs takeout or a restaurant when you can make this AWESOME chicken at home in 15 minutes?
Skinny Mexican Chicken Skillet – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and is a skinny recipe that keeps you full and satisfied!! A great Mexican-inspired meal that’s naturally gluten-free and is a flavor FIESTA in your mouth!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.